“Absolutely worth the stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
T Bar M Camps & Retreats
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in New Braunfels
Dallas, Texas
“Absolutely worth the stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

This is a very kid friendly place. My husband and I stayed here last weekend and even though it was just us adults, the stay was great. The grounds are beautiful and we saw deer on the grounds both nights. They serve a complimentary breakfast outside that was pretty good. I wanted to write this because some of the other reviews have given the T bar M a bad wrap. The location can't be beat the we had a lovely stay. I highly recommend it. Also, the hotel may not be exactly posh, but it's had a facelift recently.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
HOUSTON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo that was very spacious, but outdated...It was clean but there were several issues with the A/C for our unit...we were not offered a credit or any adjustment for our discomfort. The grounds were nice we saw many deer on the way to our room...the pool was nice the breakfast was ok...good for our group with the kids. We checked out games at the Lobby which was a neat little convenience. I read that they updated some of their rooms so we may give it another try!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank etxncheer
spring branch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2008

My family and I recently stayed at T Bar M and it was absolutely fantastic! We arrived a little early at around 10:30 and our room was not yet ready so the front desk staff courteously offered to hold our luggage behind the desk until the room would be available. They offered us fresh starbucks coffee that is kept in the lobby 24/7 and gave us a property map with some highlighted activities that my daughters would enjoy until the room was ready. We went over to the sports facility where my girls played air hockey, ping pong, and fuseball while my husband and I browsed the Tin Star gift shop. ( there was an amazing 5 dollar t-shirt sale going on). It only took about an hour before ladies at the front desk called my cellphone to let me know that we could check in. We stayed in the two bedroom villa which beyond exceeded my expectations.. We were able to use the fully equipped kitchen and even checked out a dvd player that we were able to watch movies on during the evening. My girls were able to check out bikes , play put put golf, use the playground in the back and even play sand pit volleyball. Every staff member on grounds made sure we had an enjoyable stay. From the housekeepers to the maintenance staff-this place blew me away. Anyone that is looking for a place to take their family should definately call T Bar M.

• Liked — The customer service was impeccable!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jetsetter1411
houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2008

Recently stayed at T Bar M...booked online on their website. Grounds were beautiful and many things for the kiddos to do. However, room service was not availabe, and didn't find that out until I called for room service the 2nd night. Even the lady who checked me in stated that there was going to be a $25 charge to my credit card for incidentals or room service, if I choose to order, however, no room service available during the 'off season'-and I wasn't notified it was 'off season' at time of booking online. Okay, so for the BED BUGS. Noticed sore bumps on my legs after first night, thought not much of it. However, after the 2nd night, 'OH MY GOODNESS' my legs were covered with bites!!! I looked up Bed Bugs online, and found pictures of the bugs themselves, as well as where to find them. So, sure enough tore the bed apart and found six!!! These guys hang out in dark places, and attack at night. I taped each bug to a white sheet of paper with clear tape to take with me to the office. I checked out that night and was not asked to pay for that night only. However, I WAS charged for the previous two nights, and was instructed to call the manager in the morning. So far the manager has denied bed bugs are present, and has said she'd further investigate. No refund has been made to me for my first two nights spent at T Bar M, all the while being bitten in my sleep. I understand these things can happen at the nicest of hotels. However, I have huge disappointment in the way management has handled the incident....don't stay here, or else you might get the room with BED BUGS, that management refuses to admit to, much less take any action about. Just a side note, a bed bug infestation can be notes by a 'sweet coriander smell'...this is EXACTLY how the room I stayed in smelled....BEWARE!!!! Next time I will be staying with guaranteed FABULOUS stay at Gruene River Inn!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Lucas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2008

Room was average. We chose the T Bar M for the amenities - we have 3 children. The rock climbing and sport complex were only available to guests from 6-8 pm (dinner time). The pool at the main entrance was dirty. Breakfast and happy hour could be better.

On the positive side, putting green and bikes were available the whole time. The movies and pop corn were a nice feature. We saw deer on the property every day.

• Liked — property
  • Disliked — amenities
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

We took our kids to New Braunfels for a long weekend last summer and stayed at the T-Bar Ranch, all of us loved it. The kids had a blast at the pool, playing a little putt-putt, the outdoor movies under the stars with popcorn and smores. The rooms were very nice and roomy, just as represented on their website. Breakfast was wonderful on Saturday – homemade waffles and breakfast tacos along with cereal and sweet roll choices. Sunday breakfast though wasn’t mush to talk about – just cold sweet rolls and cereal. Not sure why we received so vastly different meals on the two days – Sunday was a disappointment. But overall we loved the stay.

• Liked — That it wasn't a chain hotel / motel.
  • Disliked — No restaurant on site
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
san antonio, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2007

we had a small conference for 150 people at this resort. it was very nice, but expensive. we paid $98 per night plus tax - the rooms were nice, the conference facilities nice, and the included breakfast was nice - but i would have been happy to have it at a place where the room rate was $60 or so a night - say on i35

it's a great place if you like to do resort like activities, but a little expensive for a conference

also, the conference organizers told us that the rooms lock at 11 am on your last day - but our meetings ran until noon, forcing us to pack our bags early before our meetings - definitely a minus

• Liked — the surrounding were very nice
  • Disliked — having to be out before our meetings were concluded
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business