“TbarM Easter Weekend 2013”

and 1 more site!
T Bar M Camps & Retreats
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Donna
“TbarM Easter Weekend 2013”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Our 2013 Easter Weekend was delightful, wonderful and very accommodatingly beautiful. It was actually the second annual. The Garza family has turned the Easter weekend into an annual family reunion and in fact have already booked TbarM for next Easter.

Why TbarM: conveniently located between San Antonio and Austin, even better in the triangle of Gruein, and Wimberly; those two little quaint towns are Texas Hill Country with plenty of great food, antique shopping and oh great Texas wines; or you can just stay on the property and enjoy all the amenities. They will even provide grills for your own Texas BBQ.

The facilities are rustically accommodating with ample room to walk, swim, run and or play. If you are the outdoorsy folks you will definitely love it. I describe the place as a Lays Potato Chip. You can't have just one. One night or just one stay will not be enough you will want more.

Business or pleasure the staff will take care of you with a friendly smile and the willingness to take of your needs and wants. I and the Garza family of about 40 recommend TbarM very highly. Have fun and enjoy when you are there.

Happy Travels
Lonnie

Room Tip: I recommend the Sunday houses for couples.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We loved it!
We went with 2 toddlers and it was perfect. They have a great breakfast, mini golf, pool, playground, nature trails and more. You really don't have to go out, you can just spend your vacation days there, with every thing that you need.
We visited through spring break, so the kids had a movie each day after dinner with popcorn and drink, just under the stars - fun fun fun.
Our daughter was very sick, so we had to leave a day earlier, and the didn't charge us on the last night, although they didn't have to. It was very nice of them. The stuff was lovely and welcoming. We had 2 things to fix in our room and they sent somebody immediately to fix it properly.
It's in a perfect location, very close to city center (3 minutes drive), but surrounded by nature.
We recommend anyone who is considering a vacation in this amazing area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maya S
Portland, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Stuff was very friendly and helpfull, ready to help at a drop off a dime. Would definitely stay there again and recommend this Place to my Friends. Plenty of recreational activities to choose from. Nicely unkept Property. Only downside was the Parking , not enough Handicapped Parking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here for the third time in several years for business nearby. The rooms in the hotel are clean with few amenities, not even a box of facial tissue. The bed was springy, the pillows flat, and the décor is in need of an update. Primarily a place for meetings/retreats, the grounds are spacious with a pool and putting green. Many choices for accommodations, family-friendly. Unfortunately, no breakfast is available for regular guests, only for meetings.
Might look at Newcomb's tennis resort next door for our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jonathon L, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello Boltsnnuts,

Thank you for the review of our property in regards to your recent stay. It is great to see guests that keep coming back to T Bar M to stay with us. We apologize for you not being satisfied or comfortable with your room and have forwarded your review to our Managers and Housekeeping department. We only offer a leisure breakfast in the summer, but will also pass this on as well. However, thank you for complimenting our property and the amenities that we provide. We hope to see you again soon.
Louisiana
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Only stayed one night but everything was satisfactory. Cute place and looked perfect site for a conference or retreat. Would definitely stay there again. Chose this place because we were attending Fiesta in San Antonio and could not get into our hotel until the next day. This worked out just fine.

• Stayed April 2013
Hello TFJ,

Thank you for the review of our property. It was nice of you to point out that T Bar M would be great for a conference or retreat as well it being a cute place. We can host any type of event and can accommodate groups or families. We hope that you had an amazing time in San Antonio at Fiesta and can stay with us again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The reservations person was very snippy and impolite on the phone. When I was lost trying to find the place no one answered the phone when I called to get directions. When I arrived , no one was at the desk and I had to wait about 15 minutes for someone to come. They charged me an extra $100 in advance for "room damage" for my one night stay. I didn't damage or use anything, and when I asked for a return of the "damage deposit" I was told I would get it in 10 days. I have still not received it. I asked for the manager to call me and she hasn't.
As for the room, it was basically a camp motel room with bunkhouse furniture "handmade", and the carpet was indoor-outdoor type, a little smelly. The shower rod was broken, and staff took note but did not offer to fix it or make any adjustments.
I arrived late and left early, but it was apparent this is a Christian camp, not a hotel. Busloads of kids had their bags lined outside of the meeting hall as I was leaving.

Room Tip: Research before you make a reservation. Call ahead and see if you might like it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephen G
Jonathon L, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello Stephen,

Thank you for the review about our property. It is great to see reviews written by our guests about their stay. We strive for excellent and exceptional customer service in all areas of our business and apologize for the service that you encountered at the front desk as well as the maintenance issue you had with the shower. Your review has been forwarded to our management staff to look over and follow up with. We ask for a security deposit with every reservation. We had a youth group leaving that day and their bus was late to pick them up and apologize for an inconvenience it caused. Thank you again for a review and if you would like a follow up, please e-mail me your contact information to Jonathon@tbarm.com.

Thank you and have a great day.

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was excited about a professional retreat, but arrived to find my room with beds unmade. I called the front desk & they sent two people to clean the room. I stayed with a co-worker next door while they cleaned & we overheard the staff loudly complaining about having to clean. When I finally went to the room, the previous guests soaps were left in tub, along with three curly dark hairs in corner. The room smelled of stale fried chicken & the previous guests worksheets & personal papers with notes were not removed from desk. To top it off, crushed food remained in carpet. The one redemption was a young man at fromt desk, name was Conner I believe, who personally camr at 10pm to clean the tub. Overall I was very dissapointed. my co-workers also complained about the prevalent dust & run down atmosphere. I couldn't wait to go home!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Msorctez
Jonathon L, Guest Relations Manager at T Bar M Camps & Retreats, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Msorctez,

Thank you for your review about our property. We sincerely apologize about your experience at T Bar M and want to let you know that we do not tolerate this kind of service to our guests. We have forwarded this review to our Housekeeping department and management to be handled immediately. We appreciate all of your honest feedback and thank you for mentioning Conner and how he helped resolve part of the situation by cleaning the bathtub. We ask for you to contact us for a personal follow up by sending an e-mail with your contact information to Jonathon@tbarm.com.

Thank you again for the review.