“Fun Weekend”

Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fun Weekend”
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We took our kids to New Braunfels for a long weekend last summer and stayed at the T-Bar Ranch, all of us loved it. The kids had a blast at the pool, playing a little putt-putt, the outdoor movies under the stars with popcorn and smores. The rooms were very nice and roomy, just as represented on their website. Breakfast was wonderful on Saturday – homemade waffles and breakfast tacos along with cereal and sweet roll choices. Sunday breakfast though wasn’t mush to talk about – just cold sweet rolls and cereal. Not sure why we received so vastly different meals on the two days – Sunday was a disappointment. But overall we loved the stay.

• Liked — That it wasn't a chain hotel / motel.
  • Disliked — No restaurant on site
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
san antonio, tx
Reviewed April 9, 2007

we had a small conference for 150 people at this resort. it was very nice, but expensive. we paid $98 per night plus tax - the rooms were nice, the conference facilities nice, and the included breakfast was nice - but i would have been happy to have it at a place where the room rate was $60 or so a night - say on i35

it's a great place if you like to do resort like activities, but a little expensive for a conference

also, the conference organizers told us that the rooms lock at 11 am on your last day - but our meetings ran until noon, forcing us to pack our bags early before our meetings - definitely a minus

• Liked — the surrounding were very nice
  • Disliked — having to be out before our meetings were concluded
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
Reviewed March 21, 2007

We recently stayed at the T and M Bar Ranch resort. Being lured by their attractive internet site boasting many amenties and recreational activities, we thought it would be a fun place for our four childen ages 6 - 13. We ended up renting a 2 bedroom villa unit to accomodate all of us. It slept 4 comfortably, two of my children ended up sleeping on a sectional sofa. Extra sheets were not provided in the unit. The villa was clean but hasn't been updated since the1980's when it appeared to be built. It seemed a bit in disrepair. Some of the amenities advertised were bikes, 3 swimming pools on property, hot tub and breakfast. The whole resort had a total of 5 bikes. Some of which seats were wobbly and handle bars broken. The swimming pools were dirty, the one with 2 tube slides we were told was not open during the week(it was and we found out the evening of our 2nd day of stay). The hot tub was broken. The breakfast was marginal. On the positive side, they did have numerous tennis courts on the property which were very nice. New Braunfels is charming.

• Liked — Tennis Courts
  • Disliked — condition of property
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank roadtripsareus

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

World Traveler settled in Arizona
Reviewed March 16, 2007

I can only write about the accomodations. I did not use the resort facilities.

I chose the T Bar M because it is just down the road from where my daughter lives and because they were running a fantastic special ($59) in February for a two double bed room. The desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Cleaning crew did a great job.

The hotel room was very large and would easily accomodate four people. Nothing was fancy, but the unit had Texas decor which gave it a little character. Everything was in good repair. The AC unit vibrated the first night but was fixed by the second night. The view toward the west was beautiful.

This place is very quiet on the weekdays but on the weekends and in the summers, it gets busier because of classes and clinics. The weekend I was there a lot of teenagers moved in on Friday night but there was almost no increase in the noise level. I was pleasantly surprised.

Only a few minuses. 1. The outside door was not kept locked. 2. There were no instructions on how to use the phone system.
3. Housekeeping did not turn the alarms off on the clock radios of empty rooms, even when I told the desk clerk about it. I could hear at least 4 alarms going on and on for two or three mornings.

Would I book here again ? If I could get the same rates, I certainly would.

Stayed February 2007
Kansas
Reviewed September 20, 2006

Although the property was full of amenities and very convenient to the local attractions, we had items taken from our locked hotel room and the management will not acknowledge the incident. Customer service while there was friendly and helpful, but the refusal by the managers to communicate with us since we reported the incident has ruined an otherwise pleasant stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor management
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank 12119
Houston, TX
Reviewed May 14, 2006

I took my wife and daughter on a short vacation to Sea World and Schlitterbahn this past week and we decided to stay at the T Bar M resort in New Braunfels. I'd say it was a mixed bag.

What we liked:

- Nice property with plenty of clean pools, including a one that is perfect for small children.
- Plenty of things to do for older kids including foosball tables, ping pong tables, and a full size indoor basketball court.
- No charge for high speed internet use in your room.

What we didn't:

- This is not a handicapped or luggage friendly facility whatsoever. What I mean by "luggage friendly" is there are no elevators to take your things to the 2nd floor. You have to make several trips back and forth to your car, lugging heavy suitcases up 2 flights of stairs to your room. If you're handicapped you either stay on the bottom floor if there is space available and if not, you stay at another resort or hotel.
- We paid for a room with queen beds and I believe what we really got were full sized. I mentioned this to the front desk attendant and his reply was "no all the rooms in the Comal building have queen sized beds in them." I sleep on a queen sized bed every night at home, I know what they look like. Maybe hotels have a different standard for their bed sizes than everyone else.
- The phones in rooms didn't work. They told me this happened due to a lightning strike the Wednesday night prior to our arrival. We left Saturday morning and they still weren't working.
- No on site restaraunt or food service available. This might not necessarily be a deal breaker but I just wanted to make everyone aware that when you get hungry, you'll have to make a trip into town to get something.

It probably sounds like we had a horrible experience and I would say no we really didn't. Most of what I have mentioned could easily be corrected with the exception of the no elevator thing. If we stayed at T Bar again, I'd just make sure we got a room on the bottom floor.

• Stayed May 2006
7 Thank Terry H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2006

Wonderful Vacation for my family. Great prices and you can do so much. If you like pools, sports, walking or relaxing this is the place!! We will go back! Very clean, friendly staff willing to go out of their way to help. The only hard part is that you can only eat at the resort if there is a group eating there that meal. Despite that minor inconvience we LOVED every moment. Swimming, Tennis, shuffleboard, playgrounds (my 3 young children were in heaven) trails, mini golf, putting green, soccer, football, basketball etc I could go on and on. I would recommend it for families or sports enthusiasts.

• Stayed April 2006