“pathetic amateur customer service”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on November 1 thru November 3. left an item at my room called in the evening ( 5:30) of the check out day.. The front desk rep... was condensing, showed no will to accommodate..passed the buck to house keeping the manager... No sense of customer service.
Beds are like trampolines...TV's are old CRT type. Whomever was the evening clerk on the evening of November the 3rd 2013 should find another job.

Room Tip: can never get good service with young adults who never understand the value of customer service, re...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R5207BRdavida

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The carpets in our room and in the halls were stained and dirty. The beds were uncomfortable and there was no fridge or microwave in our room. The breakfast was just okay. I filled out a survey from Choice Hotels and received a form email from the hotel manager saying that he was sorry that I was not pleased but didn't address any of the issues that I had brought up.

Room Tip: Find a Different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard A
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I were on business trip and had to find a hotel to spend a night. The hotel was OK but the check out was the worse. The clerk was on the phone when we were trying to check out for five minutes. He did not care that we were waiting for him to check out. The same thing he did to other customers and we saw few customer not very happy with him.
The second thing which really bother us was an extra $1.50 charge for safe which we were not informed when we checked in. We do not understand if we stay one night why we have to pay for safe charge. It tells me that the hotel is not safe to stay for one night because we have to use safe to protect ourselves. If we were planing to stay more then one night we understand but still they need to inform customer when they checked in. $1.50 is not the problem but dishonest business practice is an issue. This is happening more and more in hotel business they are adding hidden charges to rip customer off.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our room was clean and beds okay. Breakfast was not attended to each of the two mornings we were there. No coffee, no juice, and no milk. The motel was not full either day and the breakfast seemed to be on its own. Also the staff did not tell us how much would be charged to our credit card for "incedentials". Staff just was not very friendly. One lady was that evening, but morning was not talking. Overall it could use a few upgrades.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed one night in May 2013 (sorry for late review). Beds were ok, but not great. Walls were thin and it was noisy. Our room wasn't dirty, but it didn't really feel clean either (always wore socks or shoes in room). At breakfast, they were out of a lot of things, and the waffle maker wouldn't cook the waffles all the way through. Another minor thing, they only give you shampoo, not conditioner...minor, but you usually get both just about everywhere else. We stayed here because the Hampton Inn was full, and I've been very happy with the Quality Inn in Galveston. The reason I gave this 3 instead of 2 is because the night clerk (I think his name was Chris) was great and very friendly. Good location for nearby Schlitterbahn and other river attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staff was not friendly at all ! ! It sounded like a herd of elephants above our room and I called the front desk to complain and they said sorry we will call them....well that didn't work at midnight it still sounded like they were going to fall through the ceiling......when I checked out this morning the guy ask how my stay was and I told him about it and he said...oh sorry....sign here ..and this is your copy.....the rooms were dirty and smelled..carpets were nasty.......bathroom smelled like urine...shower was nasty....Just simply gross!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I could not believe for Choice Hotels where I trust the name behind the sign it was as dirty as it was. Filthy was more like it. I can start with walking into our room trash all along the floors in the carpet, the elevator was very dirty, apparently floors are hard for them to clean. The room we thought was ok even if it showed mold along the shower, dirty floors, etc. It wasn't until that night when we pulled back the covers to go to bed we found long black hairs all over the pillows, the sheets. I phoned the front desk and went down to pick up fresh linens. It made all the difference, it smelled great! The pool was awful. The floor drains I noticed while walking had build up of slime where they were not draining very well in the pool walking area and very slippery couple people fell from the build up. I feel a little nervous again about choosing Choice, I felt they always lived up to their name. Staff was very nice and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask for fresh linens. Doesn't look like they change theirs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family