“lack of family support”
Review of Gypsy River Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Gypsy River Resort
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We arrived on saturday and signed a form stating no music passed 10:30 and no profanity. They stated that it was a family camp.I was pleased to hear this,unfortunitly that was not the case at all. people were up all nite drinking and yelling and the profanity, when I told the front desk (the same person that spoke so highly of there rules.) He said, well I will have to hear it for my self.Nothing was done about it.I guess things are different after they get your money. I find it hard to believe any of these other reviews, must be friends of them. Again I do want to say the 1st nite I got 1hr of sleep. And as far as helping us out with the profanity, that was right next to us. They were a no show.My 8 year old son and I will never go there again. And I don't want to forget the nasty restrooms and showers, so poor.

Room Tip: stay away from this place if you have any family values.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank steve t

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have been going to Rainbow campground for 7 years I have just herd that the owners have changed and they have done several improvements around the campground it was wonderfull before now its just awesome everyone is so helpfull and friendly the camp is always kept so clean they have a wonderfull store with snacks and Ice cold beer and lots of other beverages too I have never had a problem with misquoted rates the rates on the website are always what they have charged me. I guess I like Rainbow so much because you can camp very close to the water and very easy access to the water for swimming and also a very good fishing hole for wonderful big rainbow trout. I wouldn't ever consider going anywhere else I just love RAINBOW Campground and the very friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank friendlycamper
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Upon arrival we were told it would be $15ea for the weekend, When we advised we were ataying with friends who already rented a campsite for their RV...we were advised it would be $15ea per night to stay with them IN THEIR RV and $15 a night to park. They have showers but you have to pay like you're at a car wash and a bag of ice was $5. One guy rode a golf cart around in circles on the two acre lot the entire time looking for something to complain about, One girl said he told her she was laughing too loud. Another guy said he was advised the only music he is allowed to play was either country or classic rock, If you're looking to relax and enjoy the river without drama, RAINBOW CAMP is not for you.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank blacksunshine
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We have made many trips to Rainbow Camp delivering rental units, but got the chance to stay their ourselves over the Labor Day Holiday! 6 full dadys of fun and sun.
Met the owners.Made us feel very welcome and are eager to get back out there.
Garland and Joe were very accomdating in giving us the info about the park and river (rainbow trout). Sherry shared info on the river ride. Thanks so much!
They can cook some really awesome grub. Our thanks to Ximmie for wonderful food and taxiing us to our campsite. Love the park, and especially spot# 29.
If you like bird watching, then try the goat watching. we watched goats for hours climbing the 500' rock wall. They are amazing creatures. Next time will take the fishing poles!
Thank you all for a wonderful experience. Beth and Bert

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank koba02
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We have been coming to Rainbow Camp for over 4 years now and have always received the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE! We have always felt welcomed and have never had any issues. We've camped at Rainbow during all seasons - (when it's been crazy holiday busy and in the winter/fall when most people stay home!) and the owners have always been very friendly and helpful, no matter how busy they are. We've always paid the rates posted; the same as what is posted on-line is the same that has been given to me over the phone when I've made our reservations.
The bathrooms are clean and the store offers the basics if you forget anything!
The river front has a great place to swim / relax for adults and small children. It is always fun watching tubers float by!
We have stayed at other campgrounds on the Guadalupe, but THIS IS OUR FAVORITE!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Jen B
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Owners are greedy and change their rates as they go , ignore website . We miss old owners Ray & Judy . We're taking our group & our $4800.00 up river . our $ is not good enough for Rainbow

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TxBridge50
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I've rented toobs at a few other places, and this place was, by far, the best! They were extremely friendly, and they made sure we had a great time. Anytime I hear anyone talking about floating the Guadalupe, I recommend this place!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends