“Our second visit was great! First one was terrible!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #85 of 259 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Canyon Lake, Texas
“Our second visit was great! First one was terrible!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate here for the first time two weeks ago, and our meal was seriously delayed (an hour for our food); our waitress was MIA; and the food was just so so. A week later we were in town, and I was in the mood for steak... (we had told my brother about our bad experience the week before and he said that he and his wife had never had a bad meal at the one in San Antonio) so I thought we might try it again. My husband and I have been Black Angus fans... So we tried it again... and it was very good the second try. Our waiter was excellent, the food was great, and the food was timely. Based on the negative experience from the first visit, I can't give it five stars, but I will give it four because they redeemed themselves the second visit !!!

• Visited March 2013

“Yumm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was the second time my husband and I have eaten at a Longhorn Steakhouse. First time in a different location was so amazing we went to this one. Service was just as good! Wait was long so we sat at the bar and had drinks and appetizer before we sat down. Bar staff was very friendly and attentive even though they knew we were only waiting for our table. This made the wait seem very fast! Our server was very nice and paid very good attention! We have only gotten the Porter House for Two because it's always so good and the price is great! The fillet is so good it melts in your mouth! I ordered the Sweet Potato Bites to try them. Basically tator tots made with sweet potatoes. They were too sweet for me but my server noticed I didn't touch them and asked to get me something else. He said they weren't having good luck with them. We tipped him $20 just because how nice and attentive he was! Oh and order the mashed potatoes, they are always great!!

• Visited February 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Visiting the area & hungry for a steak. The food & service couldn't have been better. It was quiet so we could talk and really enjoyed the food & pomegranate margaritas.

New Braunfels, Texas
“Suprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Service was excellent, and the steaks were done just right. There are lots of options for meat in Texas, but this is a pretty good choice for a medium-priced family place.

Visited October 2012
Canyon Lake, Texas
“Review Supplement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

After our terrible experience at the restaurant last month I contacted management. The profusely apologized and stated that their preparation guidelines mandated that all ground meat be cooked to a minimum of 160-165 degrees. They provided a gift card to compensate for our trouble. We went back to the Longhorn Steakhouse in New Braunfels yesterday to use this card. I ordered the same burger. It was properly prepared to my "well done" specifications. I did ask for no pickles but got them anyway. Simple matter, open burger, remove pickles, no problem. This is an okay place to eat but there are better. Congrats to them for stepping up to the problem, though.

• Visited October 2012