“This place is a welcomed change from the norm.”
Review of Olive's Italian Market - CLOSED

Olive's Italian Market
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stop in on a cold chilly day. My wife and I enjoyed a half sandwich each with two side salads. We finished it up with tiramisu and coffee. Food was very,very good and so was the coffee. Service was excellent. The owner even came by and asked us how everything was. The best thing was the generosity of the owner. There is a man who walks around town daily who stares at the ground looking for money. He also try's to find work to pay for food. I know this because I work in NB. He came in and spoke with the owner quietly. After a few moments she found a table for him and brought him some hot coffee and food. What a kind person to do such a thing. I will be returning often and bringing my kids as well. What a great place.

1  Thank Roger A

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife & I revisited recently and we were blown away at how fresh and authentic the Italian food was. I had the spaghetti with italian sausage and I have never had better. My wife had a salad and she loved it. We work downtown New Braunfels, so it it close, friendly, quaint, fresh and good rolled into one. It will be a regular for lunch from now on.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This place is wonderful for anyone that has ever been to Italy. The menu is a bit lacking, but the market it wonderful and full of things only those that have ever been abroad could appreciate.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Less of a market than a place to eat Italian Food. We had breakfast there and the food was O>K> but they need to expand the menu a little for breakfast.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've never seen such skimpy servings on sandwiches or salad plates. My son and his wife both had paninis, Mufaletta and the Ham & Cheese. Both were very light on meat.....you will do much better to go to Jason's Deli or even Subway!....Seriously! I ordered the Italian tuna salad....thinking it would be yummy. Instead of a nice briney olive, they used canned black olives, 1/4 of one canned artichoke heart and just a little dressing. It could have been so much better, and to make matters worse, it too was very skimpy. Caprese salad used terrible tomatoes and canned pesto instead of fresh basil. Not a good move for this mom and pop establishment.....my son & wife live there, but won't be returning. This place needs Robert Irvine to come and help them out....it has potential, but doesn't live up to it. Overpriced for what you get. They charged $1 just to split the kid's skimpy sandwich onto two plates. Lunch was $47 for the four measly orders.

1  Thank JillyPill