“Nice, clean and quiet”

Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Mexico
“Nice, clean and quiet”
Reviewed January 5, 2007

After staying in the horrible Budget Inn we found this nice and clean little motel. The person in the front desk was very kind, he's called Luis and he helped us all the way.

The room was clean enough, we had a TV remote control, every room has a microwave and a little fridge so we were able to cook and keep our meals refrigerated.

The indoor jacuzzi and pool are clean and temperature is just nice, even having 3°C outside. There was nobody in this place so we really enjoyed a quiet time.

We think the rates are fair, you pay for what you get.

It's hot the Hilton of course but you can stay here and be very comfortable.

• Liked — Is clean, quiet and good service
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank AlexMexico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed July 20, 2005

If there were a lower rating, I would give it. It was so bad that I wrote the corp. office. Room was dirty and smelled musty; bed uncomfortable; no remote for TV which was mounted high, so no lying in bed switching channels; tiny indoor pool in tiny room had about 35 people in it, so no way to fit anymore; we were only allowed to have 2 small towels, if we needed another we'd have to bring those 2 down and exchange them (they said they were short on towels and had to wash them as they were used, but we argued so they finally gave us one more); guests and their children ran up and down the hall most of the night screaming, yelling, playing, and slamming doors; staff was rude and unhelpful; had to park around back but were not allowed to use the back door to bring in our luggage "for security reasons"; we were charged 3x what we pay in any other city. I'd rather have tent camped and not spent the money. The corp office said they would "look into it". Don't let the 5 star ratings fool you; that's probably the mgr trying to bring the overall rating up.

• Stayed August 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Reviewed April 30, 2005

It really was bad, and way overpriced. You're better off tent camping. Seriously.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 3, 2005

I stayed there last summer and have nothing but good things to stay. Clean rooms, no smell of smoke, quiet at night (during the day any hotel in NB is crazy with kids) and a very pleasant staff. Front desk person (Luis I think his name was) was great.

Highly recommended.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 10, 2004

I read the comment about the rude staff, and I must completely dissagree. I have stayed there numerous times, and must say that the head housekeeper does not live on site. That is just simply misleading.
Matter of fact , the staff is one of the best trained staff I have ever encountered. I have stayed at many hotel/motels, and this property will always be one of my number 1 choices.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2004

The motel was nice everyone was friendly exacpt for the headhousekeeper!!!!! I noticed that her and her kids were probably living there and boy were they noisey I could here them running around all night poor kids I could here her hollaring I guess her Children put her in a bad mood that doesn't mean she had to have attitude with me when I asked for more towels does it?????????

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2003

The motel was nice but, I was up till after 12, because there were kids running up and down hallway till after micnight and they came up and started trying to open our door or pretended to to try and come in. All I could hear was the jiggiling of door knob. I was scared! But the place was nice and kept clean It said no smoking allowed and I could smell the cigarette smoke coming from next door.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member