“dont complain-I had the police called on me!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 New Braunfels

Motel 6 New Braunfels
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in New Braunfels
Brownsburg, Indiana
“dont complain-I had the police called on me!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I took a 'shower' at 10 am (I was to meet a friend in town at 1030am). On my way out at approx 1020, i told 'luis' at the front desk that I had no hot water (and also no bath towel was provided to my room-only hand towels). he 'acted' surprised, yet I said 'go up and see for yourself..and suggested that my bill ($49 a night-go 10 miles up the road to San Marcos. there are many chain motels at $38 a nite and you dont have creepy half dressed men milling around the lobby and front entrance like they did at this motel 6) should be adjusted. He refused saying that I should have told him when it happened-not when I was checking out. I stated 'well, Im telling you now ( and besides this occurred approx 20 minutes earlier)..upon his refusal, I asked him to call corporate for me. He refused stating I was only trying to get money off my bill and that it wouldnt work....so I told him what I thought of his 'service'..he then called the local police fabricating what I said. He also 'postured' with closed fists like he wanted to hit me... I refused to leave..the police arrived...they were very understanding...My ex wife is an attorney btw, a complaint was filed w corporate..Ive stayed at motel 6 for 30 years-this was the worst one by far.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank toonces2jay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last week. The beds were lumpy and uncomfortable. The sheets were thread bare. The sink in the bathroom dripped the entire week. The WiFi only worked in the tiny lobby area. There wasn't any type of dresser to put your clothes in. The floors in the bathroom were cracked and peeling up. The pool and hot tub are tiny. The hot tub was never very hot.
There is no alarm clock, coffee maker, or hairdryer. The free coffee is an insulated thermos sitting in a corner.
The only good thing was the hotel is close to eateries and activities, however, so are all the other hotels. We definitely will NOT be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed at this motel for 2 nights. It is very tired looking and cleanliness it not the best.
The Wi-Fi connection only worked for about 1 hour of our stay and despite reporting the lack of an internet connection several times nothing was done to recitfy this.
The swimming pool is indoor and not very clean. In the Texas climate the pool room was far to hot to make using the pool an option.
I have stayed in several other Motel 6 establishments and they have all been far superior to this one.

Room Tip: The service was friendly and polite but very inefficient
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

When I arrived after online reservation at 730 in morning. Arrived at 12 something andd they told us room be ready at 4. The room smealt like sweat and dirty urine smoke dog smell. The water did not stay hot for more than ten min. I could not shower. The ac was not consistant. There was women above me complaining about noise. I had sister visit not even staying and management told is to be quite twice and that they would call police. A man came down stairs later and said he stayed here for five months and lady complaining about noise. The thing about it is no one was loud and we were respecting room by not smoking in it. Im very pissed and just had sister visit. I will keep it a mission to tell anyone and everyone how unsatisfying and horrable it is to stay here. I dont wish this apon anyone. I wont my money back and belive me I will call corporate office. im beyond unsatisfied.

• Stayed May 2012
San Antonio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed there for two weeks apartment hunting. The room was a bit ratty and not as clean as I would have liked but you get what you pay for. I’m always amused at reviews from people who stay at one of the least expensive motels in town and then complain that theyre not getting the same accommodations as one costing twice as much. It had a fridge and microwave which helped on restaurant costs. Instead of a noisy drafty ac unit sticking through the wall it had true central. The money I saved paid for my new futon.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank mydogtoby
Jefferson, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for only one night. After reading the other reviews, I was very concerned with booking this hotel. But, after arriving at about 1 am, check in was very easy, and room was clean and comfortable. I would not choose to stay at this hotel for a extended amount of time, but for one or two nights, it served its purpose. We paid $50, and knew at that rate, not to expect much, but I have stayed at much worse hotels, that cost more, so I was ok with it. It is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but I would think that any traveler knows what to expect when staying at a Motel 6.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Watauga, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

We arrived on the 3rd of May. The first rooms we had smelled of sweat and chemicals, so we were moved upstairs to the second floor. The toilet handle in our room broke off and we had to flush manually by pulling the chain inside the tank. Our kids' room had roaches. A spider was in the sheets of one of the beds, and the sheets had holes. When we went downstairs to check out the pool, the door was jammed so badly that the manager had to go outside, CLIMB THROUGH THE WINDOW, and force it open from the inside! Not that we could allow anyone to swim; the water was so green, we had to ban swimming. The cracked light fixtures with gaping holes, ratty caulk around the tub, and no face plates on the phones were minor in comparison to the bugs, smell, and plumbing problems. The kids were troopers and stuck it out for 2 nights, but we finally relocated to the Wingate by Wyndam in Round Rock for the rest of our trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family