Super 8 New Braunfels TX
$84
Hilton Garden Inn New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$112
$107
Comfort Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
$89
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$149
$129
Fairfield Inn
Best Western Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$126
$112
BestWestern.com
Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$219
Courtyard
Sleep Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$74
The Resort at Schlitterbahn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$325
Candlewood Suites New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
All reviewsroom was cleantexas shaped waffles for breakfastfront deskbudget hotelpleasant stayup to datehot tubwould definitely stay here againair conditionercoffee makergruene hallfree breakfastsan antoniothe riverdinacrittersclerk
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I purchased two day tickets to Schlitterbahn and in order to save some money we decided to choose a more affordable hotel. After reading reviews we decided that Super 8 would be our best bet. Well we were wrong. When we checked in the woman at the front desk said we didn't have a reservation (we should have escaped then) long story short, our reservation was cancelled but she told us she had rooms available so it wouldn't be a problem. She was very nice and helpful and set us up with a room. We were on a time constraint because we had planned on eating at the Gristmill and it was already 7:45 and they close at 9pm. So we quickly entered our room and began to get ready for our dinner. After about 5 minutes of being in the room we get a call from the front desk asking if everything was alright with our room, which was a very nice gesture but it didn't give us any time to figure out if there was something wrong. When I walked into the bathroom to shower I notice that the first towel has a small light red stain on it. Since I was trying to hurry I just used one of our beach towels. After coming back from our dinner, things only got worse. One of the queen beds had stains on the bed skirt which made me uneasy about how clean the rest of the things were but we were just ready for bed. When I pulled the covers on the second queen the sheets had random hairs in them and we were grossed out. Since the other queen (with bed skirt stains) seemed to have clean sheets, we decided to switch them and just use one queen bed, when we went to switch the sheets we discovered a massive urine stain. At this point we were just so disgusted that we decided we weren't going to stay. We packed our bags and crossed our fingers that someone would be at the front desk (since it was going on 12:30) My boyfriend spoke to the person at the front desk which was a guy who was extremely apologetic and told him he wouldn't be able to get us a refund since he's just a front desk clerk but he gave us the number of the manager so we could speak to them about it. Unfortunately, we had to cut our trip short because we couldn't find another place to stay around the area so we had to make the 2 hour drive home. It was just a horrible experience. I know that Super 8 isn't a five star hotel but they should at least have clean rooms especially when you pay almost $80! We called today to speak to the manager but they weren't available and we haven't heard back. We will definitely be calling Wyndham. I won't be coming back that's for sure, I will just spend the extra $20-30 bucks and stay at the Best Western Atrium Inn in Schertz.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth D
Super_8_NB, General Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2015

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for this review. I understand how much time it takes out of your day to do this for us. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was a great experience. We strive for a perfect stay for each of our guests everyday. With so many choices of hotels in the area, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pros: Huge rooms, good AC, clean, friendly and efficient check-in.
Cons: Expensive (at least in summer), hard beds, next door to some kind of kennel facility, tight parking lot.
It's a good choice for folks coming in to float the river or visit Gruene or downtown NB. My rating would be a lot higher if I hadn't had to pay nearly $200 for each of two rooms -- a cost made necessary because every place stays pretty much full throughout the summer. Also, all the power went out 30 minutes before check out -- not a big deal, but if it had happened at 3 a.m. instead, it would have been a different story.

Room Tip: Loud only because of kennel. Get a west-facing room rather than a south-facing and the noise shouldn't be an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
BestWesternNB, General Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our New Braunfels location. As we are a very seasonal industry, our rates are generally higher in the peak summer season, and lower in the off-peak season. That is not just our location, but every hotel in the city. I am sorry to hear that you felt our Sealy Posturepedic beds were not comfortable for you. Maybe the bed in your rooms needs some attention. I will see to it that it is properly addressed. According to your review, if the room was $60 your review of our location would have been higher. Well that is based on value only, not the hotel then correct ? Thank you for staying with us, I hope to receive a higher rating from you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had three rooms for our crew. The rooms were clean the pool was nice. Bathrooms were clean. It was a quick trip for a river float. Booked last minute an couldn't stay where we normally do so this was a last resort. Didn't know what to expect from some of the reviews but it was a very nice clean room an they let us bring the dog which is a must for us. My daughter takes her dog everywhere we go. I'd stay here again the people were friendly an staff was nice.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for this great review. I am happy to hear that you felt that we deserved a five-star rating for you during your stay with us. We have recently renovated our location, and the guest feedback is amazing so far. This rating is the greatest reward our business can ever receive from our guests. We hope to see you again real soon.

Shailesh G. Bhakta

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Had a quick stay, arriving late and leaving early, so it was too late to change when we arrived. It's a very basic motel (like from the 1950's) with limited parking. It served its purpose, but it was tremendously overpriced. Not a place I'd consider in the future.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

First of all, thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 of New Braunfels, TX. I am sorry to hear you think our hotel is similar to hotels back in the 1950's. I guess you are entitled to your opinion. However, I do not believe hotels back then had flat screen TV's which we do. Nor did they serve a complimentary breakfast with freshly made waffles, or even have heated whirlpools on site. The hotel rooms back then were not 400+ square feet of living space and I am positive that our Wyndham Rewards point system was non-existent. Again, thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your opinion of our award winning hotel.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We would definitely stay here anytime in New Braunfels, after checking in Manger called our room and asked if everything was ok with our room. pool was very clean as well as hot tub. Breakfast was great and free at that, Manager also printed us out maps for our next destination she was awesome with helping us during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
BestWesternNB, General Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Thank you for this nice review. When our guests write reviews such as this, it makes us think we are going above and beyond our guests expectations. This is a standard we try to follow each day. I hope to see you on your next visit to our beautiful city. Thank you for choosing to stay with the Super 8.

Shailesh G. Bhakta