“It is what it is”

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
San Antonio, Texas
“It is what it is”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pros: Huge rooms, good AC, clean, friendly and efficient check-in.
Cons: Expensive (at least in summer), hard beds, next door to some kind of kennel facility, tight parking lot.
It's a good choice for folks coming in to float the river or visit Gruene or downtown NB. My rating would be a lot higher if I hadn't had to pay nearly $200 for each of two rooms -- a cost made necessary because every place stays pretty much full throughout the summer. Also, all the power went out 30 minutes before check out -- not a big deal, but if it had happened at 3 a.m. instead, it would have been a different story.

Room Tip: Loud only because of kennel. Get a west-facing room rather than a south-facing and the noise shouldn...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
BestWesternNB, General Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our New Braunfels location. As we are a very seasonal industry, our rates are generally higher in the peak summer season, and lower in the off-peak season. That is not just our location, but every hotel in the city. I am sorry to hear that you felt our Sealy Posturepedic beds were not comfortable for you. Maybe the bed in your rooms needs some attention. I will see to it that it is properly addressed. According to your review, if the room was $60 your review of our location would have been higher. Well that is based on value only, not the hotel then correct ? Thank you for staying with us, I hope to receive a higher rating from you on your next stay with us.

Shailesh G. Bhakta CHA, CHO
rooms@super8nb.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hillsboro, TX
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We had three rooms for our crew. The rooms were clean the pool was nice. Bathrooms were clean. It was a quick trip for a river float. Booked last minute an couldn't stay where we normally do so this was a last resort. Didn't know what to expect from some of the reviews but it was a very nice clean room an they let us bring the dog which is a must for us. My daughter takes her dog everywhere we go. I'd stay here again the people were friendly an staff was nice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this great review. I am happy to hear that you felt that we deserved a five-star rating for you during your stay with us. We have recently renovated our location, and the guest feedback is amazing so far. This rating is the greatest reward our business can ever receive from our guests. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a quick stay, arriving late and leaving early, so it was too late to change when we arrived. It's a very basic motel (like from the 1950's) with limited parking. It served its purpose, but it was tremendously overpriced. Not a place I'd consider in the future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
First of all, thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 of New Braunfels, TX. I am sorry to hear you think our hotel is similar to hotels back in the 1950's. I guess you are entitled to your opinion. However, I do not believe hotels back then had flat screen TV's which we do. Nor did they serve a complimentary breakfast with freshly made waffles, or even have heated whirlpools on site. The hotel rooms back then were not 400+ square feet of living space and I am positive that our Wyndham Rewards point system was non-existent. Again, thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your opinion of our award winning hotel.

Shailesh G. Bhakta CHA, CHO
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We would definitely stay here anytime in New Braunfels, after checking in Manger called our room and asked if everything was ok with our room. pool was very clean as well as hot tub. Breakfast was great and free at that, Manager also printed us out maps for our next destination she was awesome with helping us during our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BestWesternNB, General Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for this nice review. When our guests write reviews such as this, it makes us think we are going above and beyond our guests expectations. This is a standard we try to follow each day. I hope to see you on your next visit to our beautiful city. Thank you for choosing to stay with the Super 8.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We checked in to the hotel late Friday then drove a few miles to catch the show at Gruene Hall. The room was clean and the air conditioning was cold. Fine for a place to stay after a fun night on a hot July night.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JNBailey
Thank you for your review of our location in beautiful, New Braunfels, TX. I am happy to see your stay with us was a pleasant one. Each day my staff and I strive to bring nothing but perfection to our guests in the form of service and comfort. It would be a pleasure to take care of your needs again on your next trip to our area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Pros: Affordable, spacious, friendly staff and they have Texas shapped waffles.

Cons: Not as clean as I would have liked. There was a fly in one of our rooms we had to get rid of, and there were a few stains in the furniture. The pool was dirty, there were patches of hair floating around. The breakfast was not the greatest. They did have my favorite, Texas shapped waffles, but no eggs and no meat. My biggest complaint would be that the beds were not comfortrable and we had issues with our AC in both rooms. I would look somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for this valuable feedback. I am surprised that our rooms were not clean enough for you, considering we inspect them twice to make sure they are 100% clean before we ever rent any of them. Also, considering our furniture is brand new, I am surprised to hear that it is stained already. But I guess we could have missed that too. The pool gets used all day, every day right now. However our filtration system is running constantly to make sure the water is crystal clear for our guests enjoyment. If the filtration had not picked up the hair yet, it was a matter of time. As I said earlier, it is used almost all day. We do not promote a hot breakfast at this hotel. So I do not understand where the miscommunication was as far as our breakfast menu is concerned. I am sorry to hear that most of our hotel was not satisfactory to you, next time we would be honored to help you locate a hotel to your liking, maybe one that serves a full hot breakfast as you had expected. Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8.

Shailesh G Bhakta
Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the previous reviews and price. We had a very pleasant stay and c'mon...who doesn't love Texas-shaped waffles for breakfast!? The one small issue we had was the AC was turned off in the room and it took almost 2 hours to really feel comfortable.
We would definitely stay again!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for this nice review of our New Braunfels location, and thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We normally keep our ac's on for our guests comfort, as it is almost 100 degrees outside during the summer. My apologies for the unit being off. We hope to see you again real soon on your next trip to our beautiful area. Thank you again for staying with the Super 8.

Shailesh G Bhakta