“Nice hotel in a busy area”

Super 8 New Braunfels TX
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Nice hotel in a busy area”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Easy on/off the interstate. It is on a busy street so by the pool it is noisy but around the corner in the rooms it is quiet. Helpful front desk.
German restaurant across the street.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hospitality8, General Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about our site in New Braunfels, TX. We truly appreciate your honesty and your feedback.

I hope to see you on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Like most of the Super 8 motels I've stayed in, this location was clean, quiet and comfortable. Convenient to the highway but far enough away to avoid the traffic noise. There is a busy road on the north side of the hotel, but the rooms are located facing west and south. I was on the second floor on the south and found it very quiet. I had a small single room which was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I used my own pillow as the ones on the bed were foam and too firm for my taste. Internet is available and the TV offered many channels. No frig or microwave, but there was a coffe-maker. The staff at the front desk were very nice and very informative. Breakfast offered was cereal, fruit, and pastries. A number of dining options in the area, from McD's to Chili's to a Quizno's across the street. The price was very reasonable. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our location here in Beautiful, New Braunfels, TX. I am glad to see that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I assure you, our number one priority, on a daily basis, is you, our guest and we try to do everything in our power to accomodate you the best way that we can.

The next time you visit us, maybe you could ask about our mini-suites, which actually do have the Micro-Fridge combination and is about twice the size of a normal hotel room with over 400 square feet of space !!

I hope to see you again on your next visit to New Braunfels.
San Antonio
Reviewed November 20, 2010

My room was beautifully decorated, clean and in good condition. The staff was great. Some rooms may get noise from a very busy intersection. Of concern was a light weight interior door separating my room from the person’s next to me. That made me a little uncomfortable and I’ll be avoiding that in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Hospitality8, Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our location in New Braunfels, TX . In response to your concern about our connecting room doors, there are actually two solid core heavy set doors that only have a one way entry on each of them. These doors were installed with our guests safety as our number one concern. The locksets on these doors also can be accessed from the inside of your room only, so no one can open the door from the other side. I thank you again for taking the time to write a positive review about our hotel, it means the world to us that our guests are taken care of and enjoy their stay with us. I hope to see you on your next trip to beautiful New Braunfels.
austin tx
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My wife and I work on I-35 (i am a truck driver) between Austin and San Antonio
we have staided at this hotel at least twice a mounth for over a year
WE HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GREAT GREAT SERVICE FROM THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE! rooms are allways cleen never to loud (even during summer rush)
one realy good place to stay

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Hospitality8, General Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
Thank you for your review of our location in New Braunfels, TX. I am happy to hear that we have consistently made sure your stay with us has been a pleasant one. Each day we strive to do our best to make sure our guests have a clean and comfortable stay with us. I hope to see you on your next visit.
Austin, tx
Reviewed May 30, 2008

The place was okay for the money. The inside was clean and in good shape. Not so much on the outside. WARNING.... There was a lot of noise at this hotel. When I checked in the girl at the counter warned that the people at the pool had just gotten off the river and were being loud. That was at 5pm. At 11pm I called and asked that something be done because of the noise. At midnight I called the police. I slept well from then on. I would say this place is more interested in the person looking to party then a business traveler. Good luck!

• Liked — Clean and price point
  • Disliked — niose!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hospitality8, General Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
We do have a poicy on our pool area that it be closed at 10:00 PM the latest. Our staff does do everything possible to remove guests from the pool. We actually do not just cater to "party" guests, as we are truly concerned about all of our guests. I appreciate your honest review and hope to see you again on your next visit. Thank you
Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2007

Great Hotel for the money. Staff was very helpfull and friendly. Had to move there from another nasty hotel down the road and was very happy to find Super 8 to be clean and comfortable. Hotel seems to be pretty new. The pool and "hot tub" was very relaxing after a long day at Schlitterbahn. Beds were comfortable and we had plenty of room for the kids and belongings. Schlitterbahn was not to far from the hotel. I would say about 10 min. The hotel had easy access to food and stores. Would stay there again if we ever go back to New Braunfels.

• Liked — Clean, friendly staff, near parks and shopping
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank familyintx
Thank you for an honest review. We truly appreciate it.....
texas
Reviewed September 7, 2006

I submitted a reservation for a specified date with no confirmation returned due to a server error. I later found out they allowed a guest to stay under my information (note that your information includes credit card info). They "fixed" the issue but still made me pay for a reservation date I did not stay or reserve for.

• Tips/Secrets — beware of giving your information to this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank aceton04
Hospitality8, General Manager at Super 8 New Braunfels TX, responded to this review, May 5, 2009
A valid billing error was made and corrected. Guest was taken care of properly.

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels