Roll Rage - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Something fun and different to do

Reviewed January 5, 2012
shalomew
Rosemount
So Fun!

I was looking for something fun and a little adventurous to do for my husband for his birthday and... read more

Reviewed April 23, 2012
LindsayG33
San Antonio, Texas

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I purchased a Groupon for my husband and I to go ATV'ing here at Roll Rage. I was super excited as it was something that we frequently talked about doing. When I scheduled the appointment I told the guy that I had absolutely no experience riding an ATV and he said that it was fine cause they will instruct me on what to do and that I would have some time to practice prior to hitting the trails. When we showed up we signed the forms, geared up, and got on the ATV's. We were given 2 minutes of instructions and taken on the practice trail however I was having difficulty steering and within 30 seconds of being on the ATV he told me that I could not go on the trail and that my husband would have to bring someone else with him to use the Groupon. After reading another review about NO POWER STEERING, it would have been helpful if they would have told me that so that I understood why I was having a hard time steering the ATV. I have over 16 years driving experience and have a class M motorcycle license so it is not that I don't know how to steer as was suggested by the instructor. I was insulted, embarrassed, and most of all disappointed in the lack of patience and instruction by the instructor. I will NEVER recommend this place to any of my friends and have already got the word out that I would go elsewhere. The price is great but this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a business. I hope that they read this and increase their patience, demeanor, and instruction to future riders with no experience.

Date of experience: January 2012
6  Thank HeatherD78234
Aaron H, Owner at Roll Rage, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

We certainly wish this customer had a better experience, but SAFETY is our primary concern, at Roll Rage. About %80 of our customers have never driven an ATV, and the majority of those do just fine...and there are few that just don't have the ability to control the vehicle. If we see that a customer is having trouble steering, we are not able to let them participate, for THEIR SAFETY, and for the safety of the $5,000 machine they are driving. We are as polite as we can possibly be, when we have to tell someone they can't ride, but of course its still disappointing to the customer. Safety comes first. Thanks.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Fun time! We were a party of 2 couples with riders having experience levels from complete novice to someone having previously owned a 4 wheeler themselves. A fun time was had by all. The terrain is flat, bumpy, steep, curvy and everything in between- a nice variety. Worth it,especially for someone who would have no opportunity to ride a 4 wheeler otherwise. Solid hour of riding. No frills -you just get to ride following the lead of a experienced guide.

Date of experience: December 2011
1  Thank shalomew
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Aaron took my group out & only went as fast as the slowest rider was able. He allowed a couple of us experienced riders to drop back & play catch-up at faster speeds. You may want to wear long sleeves as some branches can scrape ones arms. Also bring some water for after, even on cool days, you eat dust and get dry mouth. This ride beats any horse back trail ride. Take out false teeth and blast off!

Date of experience: October 2011
2  Thank disin_11
Reviewed October 14, 2011

You will not regret this experience! Whether you have never been on an ATV or are already experienced you will have a great time, the guides will make sure of it! A great, fun time!!!

Date of experience: October 2011
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I noticed the signs for Roll Rage on my way back from San Antonio to Dallas last month so I decided to check them out this past Tuesday. I thought they would be closed because showers were moving in from the South. I’m glad I did. This place is awesome. It turns out that they are by reservation during the week but I got lucky and caught one of their staff there doing some preventative maintenance on one of their ATV’s for an upcoming reservation. I told him I could come back some other time but he insisted on taking me out and said it wouldn’t be a problem at all without a reservation. We briefly discussed my experience on ATV’s and went through a basic course the company set up. I told the guy that I had a lot of experience on Dirt Bikes and Street bikes but I knew nothing about ATV’s. He assured me that the transition would be easy for me but that I’m at a disadvantage because I would want to shift gears and use the brake as a clutch. I guess it is easier for a novice because they probably don’t have the urge to do that. It turns out that their ATV’s are automatic. It took some getting used to. After I felt comfortable with the ATV, about 20 minutes of riding or so, the guide kicked up the speed. We went up hill, downhill, sideways, and all over. I can’t tell you when the last time I had so much fun was.

Date of experience: July 2011