“Surprise Great Hamburgers!”

Cantina del Rio
Ranked #35 of 271 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We ordered the El Rey Hamburger, it was GREAT! The carmalized tomatoes tasted wonderful. One of the better burgers I have ever had. The margarita was just good not great. You order at the counter and the staff was friendly and helpful. Get the burger!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food was authentic, Tex mex. We ate with 3 other family and friends. So there were five of us. Everyone enjoyed the food and atmosphere. It was cooler to eat outside than inside. The atmosphere is fun too.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Today while visiting Gruene/New Brunsfels we happened on to this quaint restaurant and were most pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. I had read all the reviews for other places there and I think they ranked 30th. What another surprise!! This small - very neatly tucked away in the trees - along the river place - was a treat. First it has a great ambience, very rustic, open air and just a nice feel. Well, now the food - Voted as having the Best' margaritas for 2011-2012 by the local residents ( sorry, lunch and driving back to San Antonio didn't try ), but did have delicious chicken fajita plate, fresh avocado, spanish rice, fresh tortillas and some really good beans. I will be surprised if Cantina del Rio doesn't come up a few notches very soon. I forgot, great service with friendly smiles. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Was just okay. Not even good view on patio. Cheap beer. Shrimp tacos were okay. Have to pay for chips and salsa.

1  Thank kwtexas
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Bar for drinks on weekends. Cafe with drinks all the time. The home of the best green Chile hamburger in Texas, the whole state. There are few others. This is the best! Great staff, great food, great view! In the daytime, I love to sit on the balcony area by the river and enjoy a lunch with my husband and our chihuahua. Best burger stop ever.