“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Room was very clean and comfortable. Ergonomic chair worked well at the desk area and was well equipped with power outlets and USB ports. Bedding was very high quality , light weight and more than adequate to meet in-room conditions. Nice fridge and microwave, hair dryer were furnished as well as high quality shampoo/conditioner/shower gel and bar soap. Check-in and check-out was smooth and front desk personnel very professional and helpful with genuine smiles. Hilton is our preference hotel and have never failed us in our stays. Kudos to Bryant for his help from the day we made the reservation's to the date of checkout. We will always use Hilton partners whenever they are available. Easy ingress and egress from IH-35, well marked and visible from the highway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LadyZ06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a nice hotel. Service at front desk, bar and restaurant was excellent. A/C in our room was out upon check; rerouted to another room with minimum grief. Separate pool and outside patio is excellent. Two additional comments; water pressure in the room sink is poor and the bar has very limited hours...like 6-9 PM.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David H
Amarillo, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. I would stay in this hotel again. The staff was consistent and the only issue we had was the day of checkout. It took a a while to get our breakfast, but I bet this was a simple mistake. Hilton Gardens are one of my favorite hotels to stay in and I'd definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Lisa J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have always had a good experience with all Hilton hotels, very modern, clean, good service, excellent staffs, safe and usually in good locations. Were never disappointed and never had a bad experience. We highly recommend Hilton.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank robertgH7476EO
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

While the property was fine, we encountered two big issues. The first should have been minor - simply that the door lock didn't work when we returned for the evening and they couldn't fix it at the time - instead of offering us another room, we were told that since we were only staying one night, they would just let us in our room when needed.

The second was a domestic disturbance on the floor that went on all night despite being assured they would take care of it. While we realize that the disturbance itself is not the fault of the hotel, they should have been able to address it, even if that meant calling the police so that every other guest wasn't kept awake all night. And to top it off, when checking out, they said, "Your stay was free" - no, they didn't comp our stay - we paid with points, so whether they were implying that we should expect less because we didn't pay with money or it was just poor timing and lack of tact in telling us that immediately after reiterating our complaint about the night before, it doesn't matter - neither was a great way to leave.

And to top it off, breakfast wasn't very good - at least it was free as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JPC451
San Antonio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

At first, they could not find one of the 10 rooms we pre-booked. She was then shuffling to call her GM and trying to accommodate another room which she stated we would have to pay for, even though I pre-booked 10 and she only gave us 9. Then she went back to the location of the room keys and found the missing room... The staff, especially at the breakfast was extremely rude. For our stay, I pre-paid for breakfast as well as the rooms. When my girls went down for breakfast they received many disrespectful and negative comments stating that they should not be eating because they had not paid. I spoke with a lady that seemed to be the one with the issue. She was blonde and very ugly towards me. She stated that we did not pay for the breakfast, and I asked her to recheck the check we brought as our payment. The man at the front desk, stated that he thought the check was only for the rooms. But I set it all up with Elaine Fallin, and the numbers were of course correct after he checked it three times.... The blonde lady of course still gave disapproving looks when I turned out to be correct. Overall, the rooms were nice, but the people working at this location need a lesson in customer service. Giving your customers rude, ugly and nasty attitudes is not the way to keep business coming in. I work in a large network with multiple traveling groups and I informed them of the negative experience I partook in while at this particular location. The staff should have stated they would double check everything and fix whatever is wrong instead of trying to place the blame on me. I did my part setting everything up and paying for all parts, and all we received when we arrived was bad customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

3 Thank Rachelle L
Evanston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Newly revamped HGI. What sets this one apart is the staff. I was staying at this HGI for a medical procedure I was having in the area and was using points for payment. When my partner and I arrived and got to our room, it was clear I had inadvertently booked the wrong room. I called down to the front desk and explained that due to my upcoming surgery I would prefer a larger room, (Junior suite) for my recovery process. They went out of their way to make sure I not only got a larger room, but ensured during my entire stay that I had plenty of food and water during my recovery. The staff at this hotel will make you feel at home, regardless of how far from home you are.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family