“I drive 60 miles for this food!!”

Old River City Cafe
Ranked #42 of 273 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I live in San Antonio and happened upon this place by accident on a road trip home, and since then have planned trips to new braunfels just for date night at Old River City Cafe, and if we plan to be even remotely in the area, its always a must to stop at! We love the chicken fried steak and okra (he gets mashed potatoes, I get fries) and every time We go our plates our just over flowing with food! The staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming and it seems like they've been there for a while (low turn over in a restaurant is incredibly impressive by my standards). I wish we lived closer and could go more often!

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

took the family there for the first time since 1997. the food was okay the restaurant is small kind of cramped. service very good. I was not impressed with the chicken cordon bleu. basically a chicken breast with a piece of ham and cheese on top. the kids enjoyed their meal.

2  Thank Wash-Tex
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Had the brisket sandwich and potato rounds. Meat was tender, bread was soft and potato rounds fresh and hot. My spouse had something except did potato salad which was also good. With tip and drinks bill was less than $20. Will go again.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

A new restaurant for us, after the same i le places around the lake, and we will return. Good food, good service.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were up there yesterday and got lucky n found this café.. it's off the beaten path to the schlitterbahn/bridge canverns attractions, and this cozy little café has some real good food, excellent service, a casual atmosphere and we left there wishing it was closer to our home.. they handed me a real handbreaded tenderized and delicious steak with some country fried potatoes that made my vegetarian friend lick her lips so much I was making fun of her about it. She had some chicken breast filets that required no knife to cut, on top of a really good looking salad w/avacados, we both finished our meals, then enjoyed a few min on the patio outside, it's really nice..