“Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels, TX”

Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Eden Prairie
“Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels, TX”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had had a good price point, and a pet friendly hotel policy, but we would not recommend it. We checked in and that was efficient, the room had no odor and it was clean, but the stay went downhill from there. The TV didn't work and when I called the front desk, I was told it didn't work the day before either. I requested another room and the Front Desk clerk gave me two options. I went into one room and found the room smelled as if someone smoked in it, and my husband went into the other indicating the TV worked, but it didn't smell very nice. When I went back downstairs, Cecelia, the Housekeeping Supervisor chastised the Front Clerk for letting us 'expose' three rooms, indicating now the rooms would need to be cleaned again and the cleaning staff had gone home. She asked me if I had a pet and when I said yes, she said, "Is the pet being supervised. I mean it's not alone in the room, right". Must be bad on my part not to check everything in the room before moving in. She was very abrupt with me as we went back up to the 1st room to see if she could fix the TV. She practically stormed into the room saying, "Housekeeping coming through". She made comments not important to us as the customer, such as, "We are a non-smoking hotel. If I 'catch' anyone even if they have checked out, 'I' will charge them $150. A ticket should have been submitted to get the TV fixed and that should have been done by the Front Desk clerk". Then she left with the TV remote to get new batteries. In the meantime, she went into the other rooms we checked on and when she came back she made a few more comments, such as, "I went into the rooms you checked and have to say the rooms smell the way they do because we use cleaning products with a fragance, the original room with the broken TV was cleaned by a new 'girl' and she must not have used the right cleaning products (I told Cecelia to tell the 'new girl' she did a nice job), I noticed the curtain was open and it wasn't when I did a quality check on it earlier today. Did you move the curtain, I'm sure you want this room because of the view, where the other ones only offer a view of the parking lot (which I found interesting as our room viewed construction)". Both my husband and I had ever experienced such a demonstrative attitude at a hotel before and one we hope not to experience again. One way to avoid it is not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Be sure you check the room before you commit to it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The doors are not sound proofed and you can hear everything that is said or done in the hallway including the annoying ding of the elevator. Other than that it is a nice place. Unfortunately during our stay there was a rather annoying wedding party most of which took place in our hallway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Rick S, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We apologize for the noise that you were able to hear. We did have two wedding groups in the hotel during your stay and they can be exuberant. We want everyone to enjoy their stay with Wingate and we're sorry you were bothered by the noice.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked for two nights. Arrived early and the hotel who new I was coming in early had got my room cleaned as a priority. Thanks guys. I really appreciated the early check in. Room was fine. Only comment I'd make is that being close to the lift on the 2nd floor I constantly heard the 'ding' that accompanied the lift arriving, even through the door to the room. Maybe the volume could be turned down a bit? Everything else was good and represented good value. I will stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo