“Satisfactory”

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
MADERA
“Satisfactory”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room itself was fine. We especially liked the large chair with the ottoman as my husband can not sleep in a bed. The room was clean. I do not like the comforters they put on the beds nowdays, however, I did get a blanket from the front desk. The pillows were way too big. The third night there they put someone with children above us and they were very noisy starting at 3:30 a.m. The location for our purpose was excellant and if I had my own pillow I would stay there again only on the top floor.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
THORNDALE
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I reserved two rooms on the website at the New Braunfels TX location. The rooms were reserved at a rate of $119/night for each room. When we checked out, one room was $119 and the other was $139. The manager refused to honor the internet rate and said it was a "mistake". When I told him that I felt the rate should be honored, he said "the only thing I can do to make it right is to charge $139 for both rooms but I will not reduce both rooms to $119". I felt this was terrible service and will not be making reservations at a Wingate by Wyndham in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Happytraveler39, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I certainly want to apologize for the way the Guest Service Agent handled your situation. Myself, being the only manager, was not consulted in this case but have since rectified the problem by adjusting the amount charged for one room to the original rate on the reservation. It should not have been changed by the desk agent and I will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Killed 2 crikets in the room and ants in the bathroom. Rust in the bathtub and a chip on the side of tub. The shower cutain was too short and flooded the bathroom everytime we took showers. Will not be staying at this hotel again.

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had the best room in the house - room 421 - which gave me a bird's eye view of the donkey's below. The smaller male donkey in the metal yard in the front is separated by a fence from a female donkey in the pasture behind it. Periodically, they find each other and canoodle through the chain link fence. He often brays and runs around the yard upset when she walks away with her other donkey friend to the shade under the tree. Poor thing is lonely. You can clearly see the path he's worn trying to get her attention. It's very entertaining.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was meh. Location to Schlitterbahn and Gruene was great. Thankfully, we had no trouble with the cars in the parking lot on this trip.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dciocet
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2012

On arrival, we noticed two piles of glass from two vehicles broken into sometime before. The hotel had not even bothered to sweep it up. The boy working the night desk had parked his truck right at the front door under the awning. He was unhelpful and rude when we expressed out concerns about the glass from the burglaized vehicles. He assured us it had happened "months ago" and that the lot was safe. There are no security cameras in the parking lot and some security lights burned out. I opted to sleep in my car. The next morning a police officer was in the back parking lot collecting evidence from two NEW vehciles that were broken into while I was sleeping in the lot. The hotel men who came in that morning said the victims would not be compensated in any way, because "those people won't come back anyway." If I had not slept in my car, I probably would have been a victim too. Stay somewhere else if you like your windows intact.

Room Tip: Find a hotel that places some priority on your safety and security.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Happytraveler39, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
This hotel, as well as many others here and in other cities across the country, are targeted by thieves who prey upon travelers who leave valuables in their vehicles. We have signs advising guests not to leave valuables visible but not everyone adheres to the advice. We don't have a "boy" with a truck who parks under the canopy who works here so we're not sure who you could've spoken with though perhaps it was another guest.
Silverthorne, Colorado
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I wish I would have known about this hotel sooner. We decided to stay one more night and found this hotel by default. It was much nicer than the other hotel we stayed at in New Braunfels. Easy drive to Schlitterbahn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice, comfortable,beds, good proxmiity to Intersate 35 and Gruene Road. Liked the indoor pool and the indoor whirlpool. This hotel is comparable to "Hampton Inn" or "Springfield Inn". Right across the highway from world's largest "Bucee's" I liked the equipment in the exercise room.

Yes, there is some kind of "artist" that is next door that specializes in "metal art". But if you can't get over that..you need to get over yourself.

No security issues with car.

There are no restaurants in "walking", but there are dozens within 2 or 3 minutes drive.

Make reservations for this hotel with confidence of a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family