“Just OK”
Review of The Gruene Door

The Gruene Door
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gruene Door is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 273 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gruene Road
Description: The Gruene Door Restaurant is located in beautiful Gruene Lake Village in New Braunfels, Texas. We are Gruene’s only casual, fine dining restaurant combining the best in food, service, and atmosphere. Every menu item is prepared 100% in house by our chefs. Open for lunch and dinner, we are the perfect destination for a romantic dinner, birthday celebration, private party, lunch with friends, or just a casual night out.
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Menu needs more variety - too many fish entrees. Overpriced for the area.

1  Thank MrsMasonM

Reviewed July 9, 2012

It is not a chain and therefore you get "chef based meals" that are wonderful. The atmosphere is nice and they even have a really nice bar with a hugh TV (I pass on that). One of our staples.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We visited the Gruene Door again last night and were impressed as usual. Great food, great service and a wonderful evening for my wife and I.
Keep up the good work!
thanks!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

With the lights turned low and with more modern surroundings it's almost hard to believe you're still in Gruene anymore. It was just what I wanted to kick off the flip flops & casual ware and slip into something more date-like to impress the one you're with. I love how the food was more complex than anything we'd had in Gruene and I even savored every sip of their signature martini. Somehow the cold metal martini glass was almost more distracting than the loud large group that didn't get the message about how the floor reverberates sound. A tasty candlelight dinner with an attentive waitress is a sure win in my book, even if you have to walk directly through the outdoor seating to get to it, (a definite route that I didn't like).

1  Thank Amber R
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have eaten at the Gruene Door twice and both times have been satisfactory but not exceptional. The Cobb salad was more like a chef salad. Stuffed mushrooms were a bit slimey and the spinach inside was almost a puree. No complaints with service. I thought the chairs were a bit uncomfortable. Very few vegetarian options.