“An intimate escape for two”
Review of The Gruene Door

The Gruene Door
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gruene Door is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 271 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gruene Road
Description: The Gruene Door Restaurant is located in beautiful Gruene Lake Village in New Braunfels, Texas. We are Gruene’s only casual, fine dining restaurant combining the best in food, service, and atmosphere. Every menu item is prepared 100% in house by our chefs. Open for lunch and dinner, we are the perfect destination for a romantic dinner, birthday celebration, private party, lunch with friends, or just a casual night out.
Reviewed June 17, 2012

With the lights turned low and with more modern surroundings it's almost hard to believe you're still in Gruene anymore. It was just what I wanted to kick off the flip flops & casual ware and slip into something more date-like to impress the one you're with. I love how the food was more complex than anything we'd had in Gruene and I even savored every sip of their signature martini. Somehow the cold metal martini glass was almost more distracting than the loud large group that didn't get the message about how the floor reverberates sound. A tasty candlelight dinner with an attentive waitress is a sure win in my book, even if you have to walk directly through the outdoor seating to get to it, (a definite route that I didn't like).

1  Thank Amber R

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have eaten at the Gruene Door twice and both times have been satisfactory but not exceptional. The Cobb salad was more like a chef salad. Stuffed mushrooms were a bit slimey and the spinach inside was almost a puree. No complaints with service. I thought the chairs were a bit uncomfortable. Very few vegetarian options.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I love this place, not only for the food, but for the superb wine menu. The only place I have been that serves Stag's Leap except for the Elkridge Furnace Inn out by the San Antonio Airport. I'll have to rate that place sometime, but for now let me recommend the Gruene Door. Make reservations!

3  Thank naomi_T852
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Gruene Door on Gruene Road is a nice escape from some of the other popular but overcrowded eating places in New Braunfels. The service is always friendly and good and the food is fresh, well prepared, and tasty. The menu is interesting and ever changing. The little street of shops in The Village of Cotton Crossing adds to the charm.

1  Thank Nana7707
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We visited early in the evening and wasn't crowded. The waitress was excellent: attentive but not annoying. They have an interesting selection of martinis. The food was very good, served hot and without a long wait. Portions were small but tasted great. Price is a bit high but not bad given the quality of the food and service. Atmosphere of the restaurant is quiet, kind of dark and romantic. It is a good place to take a date for a special night out. We'll be back.

1  Thank stevemustangred