“Great Stay”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Texas
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel was above my expectations. We went on business/pleasure. My husband and I were so grateful for the friendly staff that gave us information on local restaurants and attractions. They made things easy-to-find and went out of their way to spend time and ask questions about what types of entertainment we enjoyed. We are challenged when it comes to directions, so I called the hotel upon arrival to New Braunfels, and the front desk clerk gave me step-by-step directions from my location, as well as "call me back if you get lost". Now, that's customer service!

The room was very clean, comfortable, and modern. One thing I really liked was that it had plenty of electrical outlets and a desk with USB hookups for all our electronical gadgets we can't live without. The bath was spacious, and the small samples of products were high quality, which I appreciate since I have allergies. The beds, which I wish I had at home, were comfy and attractively made.

There is a small shop that offers late-night goodies, such as candy bars, ice cream, etc...and the breakfast bar was loaded with scrumptious goodies that met everyone's different tastes. We loved the pool area that included an outside space, but we do wish it had stayed open later on weekends since we were out and about until 10:00, which was pool closing time. I'd love to have used the jacuzzi--maybe an adult only hour or so? But, it was very clean and well maintained.

We had a wonderful, relaxing stay here! I'll definitely book again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels. It is our pleasure having you and your husband stay with us and I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sherri Reilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I literally made the reservation while on the highway a few hours earlier. We started out late & were exhausted from the construction traffic so we decided at the last moment to stop. We really just needed a quiet & comfortable place for overnight to rest. We were very happy with the efficiency of checking in and the clean and quiet room. We got a King suite and my 14 yr old daughter slept on the pull out sofa bed and had a good rest. The king bed was very comfy as well. After a nice breakfast which was included we hit the road in the morning when I realized I left my pillow in the room. I made a quick call to the nice desk agent & she promised to find my pillow & save it for me so I could pick it up on my trip back through a few days later. I stopped in a few days later & my pillow was safe & sound! I would highly recommend & will stay again on our next visit to New Braunfels!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I am so glad you found your way to the Fairfield Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our new hot breakfast which includes eggs, sausage and a variety of different items. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family stayed at the Fairfield Inn in New Braunfels over the July 4th weekend. We had a baseball tournament to attend in San Marcos and Seguin, so being in the middle seemed like a good choice because we could enjoy all the activities in New Braunfels including tubing on the Comal River.

The staff are very friendly. The rooms are standard Fairfield rooms with only five suites, so it is hard to get an upgrade on a busy weekend.

The breakfast was good and had a pot of oatmeal, which is much better than the oatmeal packets. The fitness room had dumbells, which is an appreciated addition as many fitness rooms only have some aerobics equipment.

The location is right next to I-35, so it is easy to get to any activities from San Antonio all the way to Austin.

Room Tip: I suggest getting a lower floor or even on the first floor as the elevators are fairly slow.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TeamTex
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
My staff and I are so happy to hear you decided to stay here in New Braunfels at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed the extra little things we have at this particular property. Hopefully next time you come see us we will have that upgrade for you. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Alabaster, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was fabulous for the price and location-less than 4 miles to the waterpark and close to various restaurants. The staff were both helpful and friendly. The room was clean, well maintained, and spacious. We had a suite and could comfortably sleep six adults. The breakfast had a good selection. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels. Being so close to Schlitterbahn does have its advantages and I am so glad you got to experience the water park. We did just upgrade to our Hot breakfast and it seems that everyone has really enjoyed it. We do hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here and wrote a review in 2012; had a less than desirable experience. Decided to give it another chance in 2013, and it was much improved. The only real issue I had this time, was still the staff. They are not very friendly or accommodating. The facility and stay itself, were fine. If we're back in New Braunfels again, we'd probably stay here again, over others in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Sherri R, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I am so glad you decided to give us another chance here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. I am so sorry to hear that my staff was less than accommodating and I will share this review with them. I do hope you come see us again soon and give us one last chance to make your stay the perfect one.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful, clean, friendly service. I was very happy with our stay here. Very convienent location to Schlitterbhaun, restaurants (The Gristmill) and I-35 for continuing our travel through Texas. I felt right at home here and Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed June 2013
Sherri R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I wanted to thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Schlitterbahn and Gruene are such huge attractions for our area and it is nice to know you chose us on your travels. Thanks again.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had such a wonderful stay at the Fairfield Inn. From the moment we walked in and met April we knew we were going to like it here. She made us feel instantly at home welcoming us with a great smile and personality. The room was above our expectations and we really were able to relax. When we come back we will definitely stay here. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
It is so great to hear such great feedback from our guests. Thank you so much for writing such an incredible review for the Fairfield Inn & Suites of New Braunfels. So pleased to hear April took such great care of you. Come back and see us again soon.