“Below par for a Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Tampa, Florida
“Below par for a Fairfield”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Reserved here because I am a Marriott preferred guest. Didn't expect it to be a full fledged Marriott property as we were only there one night and it was cheap. Even then it wasn't up to par. There was trash in the trash can. The light on one side of the bed didn't work. No bath tub and the shower wasn't really clean. My biggest pet peeve (yes I know it may be pcky) was no channel lineup card for the television. Without a guide it's really hard to find something to watch. Breakfastr the next morning is probably okay for the kids, but not for me. All carbs all the time. The closest thing you got to protein was some really bad ham and cheese breakfast sandwiches you had to warm up in the microwave. I know I only paid $89, but I will pay more next time to get a better Parriott property.

Room Tip: I don' t think one room would be any different from the other. I'l a gold level Marriott m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Braunfels, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to communicate why our service did not meet your expectations.
We will evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring in the future. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and hope to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Beautifully kept hotel located new the expressway. Extremely clean and bright and if I hadn't known better I would have said it opened the day of our stay. Great staff, nice breakfast. New Braufels area was not as I imagined however the little town of Gruene (pronounced Green) was a fun place to visit. The Gristmill restaurant in Greune is a place I would like to try on a future visit. Lovely location next to the river.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I am a bit disappointed. This hotel is a nice place to stay. It's clean. Good breakfast. Beds are good for sleeping. This was our 2 nd time to stay. My husband & I travel quite frequently. Our disappointment can when we got home and looked at the credit card bill and it didn't match up with our bill at check out. It had misc $20 charge. Called the hotel to find out we had been charged for 2 pillows that were missing. Really. One of the first things I do when we go to a hotel is take the pillows off the bed. We travel with our own pillows. We do not use hotel pillows and. no desire to sleep on them. We plan to be in the area again and would like to stay again but hesitate of what extra costs we might encounter. Don't want to have to do any inventory with staff upon Checkin. Wish we would get re-imbursed.

• Stayed November 2012
Cibolo, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel deserves every bit of the five stars allowed and then some! Our stay was outstanding! The rooms were clean and the staff was not only professional but, went out of their way for us. If there was a problem they were there to help from the cleaning personal to the front desk our questions were answered and our needs were met. We even enjoyed their complementary breakfast! Big thick waffles and fresh fruit along with muffins or cereal. I haven't enjoyed a stay at any hotel as much as I did at this one in particular. You should give them a try.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Poway, California
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a long term stay of 14 days and Damian Poulos (GM) and his team were friendly and helpful. This Fairfield Inn is way above average and very clean. I travel frequently and the Marriott Corp. will be proud of how well this hotel is managed and the personal customer service provided. Very friendly and professional. We have stayed at the Courtyard in New Braunfels and we will always return to this Fairfield Inn. No comparsion in friendless and value.

Room Tip: The whole front desk staff was very helpful and more than happy to ensure our stay was comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is located adjacent to I-35 about thirty miles northeast of San Antonio. This property was full of vacationing families when I visited in late August. The property was in good condition. Breakfast is a standard continental offering, but free. My room was comfortable and set up with a large walk-in shower, not a bath. This property is only ten (10) minutes from nearby Seguin. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
South Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am a Marriott rewards member and know what to expect from this group. It is the budget version of Marriott hotels and is usually a good, clean, bargain hotel. This one did not fail to deliver on the clean part. We had a clean, modern, double room with soft beds, a good shower, a decent coffee maker, and mini fridge. Breakfast was the standard Fairfield selection of microwavable sausage biscuits, breakfast breads, cereal, fruit, yogurt, one waffle station, milk, juices, and coffee (very good).

Staff was friendly and accomodating both at the front desk and at breakfast.

The only surprise was that this was a pricey weekend stay for a Fairfield. I guess there are no bargains near Schlitterbahn!

Overall, we had a good stay, but I will agree with the comments concerning noise. Based on the reviews, we asked for a room as far away from the highway as possible and were accommodated. However, the doors slamming were noisey! It did not wake us up at night (we slept well), but during awake times it was very noticeable.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family