Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels
GreenLeadersSilver level
RICHARDSON
“Noisy Stay”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had loud neighbors upstairs and a loud clicking noise that came from the bathroom. We had to sleep with the bathroom door closed. The bathroom counter was falling down. There was a split in the back splash that you could see where the sink was pulling the counter down. The shower curtain needs a liner, water got everywhere when we showered.

The man that took my reservation over the phone had my phone number wrong, my name wrong and I never got a confirmation email sent to me, so I assume my email was incorrect too. The lady that checked us in was not too friendly when I asked her about the pending charge on my bank account. Also, my husband called earlier in the day before we checked in because it was our anniversary and he wanted to surprise me with something in the room. The hotel staff never followed through with his request.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

VINAY P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I would like to thank you for time to review us and letting us know where we can improve. I apoligize for your less satisfactory experiance and I assure you that the issue are being handled with urgency. Customer service is the core of our hospitality and any subpar performance is not acceptable. Please give us a chance to show you our impoved management on that part. I will be happy to book your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been a road warrior for many years now and have stayed at more hotels that I care to remember. I wanted to take a moment to leave a comment about the Microtel because I would consider it a great place at a great value. Clean rooms, clean updated bathrooms ,nice sheets and towels, a comfortable bed and newer furnishings are all on the top of my list of must have’s….This hotel had them all at an amazingly fair price. The hotel staff was very helpful with an unfortunate situation that demonstrated to me their commitment to customer satisfaction which is such an important requirement to maintain a successful business. Without question this hotel has become my hotel of choice when staying in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks your review. It was unfortunate event but I was glad that we were able to help you in resolving the issue. Hopefully we will see you on your next trip to New Braunfels. See you Soon!
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were pleasantly impressed by this hotel. The staff was very courteous, especially Josh when we checked in. Compared to other hotels in the same category, the hotel was clean, the price was good and it was conveniently located. We would certainly go back again..

Room Tip: We had a room facing the highway but we did not hear any noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your time and review. Your feedback helps us to do better everyday in our effort to make our guests stay more enjoyable.
HOUSTON
Reviewed September 25, 2012

It was an adverage stay. the pictures on line are better then the reality... the pool was dirty but the hot breakfast was decent enough...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thanks for you review. We are in process of remodeling the pool! We took our management in May and have revamped the operation. I would like to welcome you back with reassurance that your stay will be better than last. See you soon!
SAN ANGELO
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Service was good. Price was good for how clean and updated the rooms are. Good visit all around. I would definitely stay there again being so close to Gruene.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank You, for your time and effort in reviewing us. We strive to do our best day in and day out. And would like to welcome you back for your next visti to New Braunfels. Thanks again! See you soon.
United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Thus far, this is the worse review I wrote. I checked into the hotel, went in the room and immediately left. Honestly, I do not have anything positive to say about this place. The staff are unfamiliar with their jobs, the non-smoking room smelled like an ashtray, the decor appeared to be purchased from a 1970's Howard Johnson, the room was filthy, and management... non-existent. If you don't mind sleazy, keep driving to a cheaper motel and save some money.

Room Tip: Find another hotel, there are plenty to choose from in this area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel W
HOJO201, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I appreciate your time and review but it looks like you might have confused another hotel with us. Our hotel was constructed two years ago and therefore all the decor and furnishings are up to date. You mentioned HOJO which is located right next our property, maybe you might have stayed there?

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels