“Birthday bomb! Disaster!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of McAdoo's Seafood Company

McAdoo's Seafood Company
Reserve with OpenTable
McAdoo's Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 260 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Enjoy Texas Creole Favorites, Authentic Cajun Specialties or our Fresh Fish at McAdoo's Seafood Company, located Downtown New Braunfels, TX in the old Post Office. Find the right atmosphere in our Treasury Bar, indoor dining or newly renovated, fully covered patio with live music.
bigjake53
“Birthday bomb! Disaster!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2009

We took My Mom out to eat there for her 80th Birthday . Yuck.... food was cold, Service was terrible. For the price of the food with a mandatory tip figured into the ticket you would think you could at least have decent service...I wish I could make money like that with no effort. I ordered a Martini that never came, when it finally did I was told it was because there were no clean glasses!!!!!!!!! ? We also called ahead to have seating ready and still had to wait with obvious empty tables. We were never told of the special for the night, but listened as another waiter let his table know. We were not given appetizer plates until we asked for them.. Upon finishing with our meals the dirty plates continued to sit in front of us until the manager came and removed them.

2 Thank Bigjake53

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Great food!! Shame about the service and management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

I took my parents to McAdoos and they loved it. The food was good, the surroundings were nicely done. Since my dad liked the place, I phoned from my home overseas to purchase a giftcard for his birthday (as advertised on the table). The "manager" told me "We're not organized for that". I explained that it would not take anything especially taxing like figuring out how to mail a card - I could just have someone come by and collect it. The young man still couldn't seem to get his head around the problem. I hope for the sake of the chef and his cooks that current "management" is not the owner's son or nephew since it would be a shame to see a good, non-chain, downtown restaurant fail for want of some common sense.

new braunfels. tx
“Local View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

I am a local in New Braunfels and was so happy to finally have true seafood in town. My partner and I went the first week they opened. The wait for a table was long so we went to the bar. The bartenders, are great. Fast service, and very personal. The oyster bake is great, but the stuffed shrimp are out of this world. I think the service issues are just because this is such a new place and they are still working out the kinks.

Dallas
“Good Food - terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

Good food and a nice surprise to see Cajun food in a town known for German food. But the service was so lacking that I will not return and also never sit on the patio.

Waited 30 minutes for water and wine. Waitress forgot our dinner rolls even after we reminded her twice. By the time the food came to the table it had become cool but even still the food was good. One person ordered crap legs and the waitress never brought the leg crackers or a small fork. Asked the waitress for both and after 15 minutes had to get up to get the utensils myself. Waitress never came back to ask us for more drinks.

Complained to manager and she didn't help matters. Finally we are asking for the ticket almost 3 hours into the ordeal and the waitress very rudely says if you want a discount you will have to wait longer as she couldn't find the manager.

Go to find the manager and we realize the restaurant is closed for business. What!!! The manager is sitting at the bar and says the bill is comped. Finally on our way to the car 2 wait staff follow us to the car yelling at us and are trying to write our license plate down.

Recommendations, please train the wait staff or hire more experienced staff for the "Fine" dining restaurant that McAdoos wants to be.

1 Thank t2tranch
Fort Worth, TX
“Disappointed With the Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

I will start positive because I want to believe my experience was not the norm. The food here was very good. Salads were cool, crisp and tastey. Our blackened tuna and salmon were moist and flavorful. Unfortunately our waitress left much to be desired. She hit my 3 pet peeves when I go to a restaurant. 1) She never brought dinner rolls. A small thing, but still annoying. Could I have asked? Yes. Should I have to at a restaurant like this? No. She was delivering them all around us and never noticed. 2) She took forever to bring us a glass of wine and our salads. Now, we're not even halfway through our salads and here comes dinner. Plop. Plates on the table and I'm watching my food get cold while I'm trying to finish. 3) DO NOT ask me if I'm going to have dessert this evening when I'm three bites into my entree and enjoying a conversation. I thought this obsession with restaurants had died out? This is a nice place, though unfortunately a bit too noisy. They need to watch the training of their young waitstaff. The atmosphere and price deserve better than chain restaurant quality service.