“Very enjoyable”

McAdoo's Seafood Company
Reserve with OpenTable
McAdoo's Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 273 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Enjoy Texas Creole Favorites, Authentic Cajun Specialties or our Fresh Fish at McAdoo's Seafood Company, located Downtown New Braunfels, TX in the old Post Office. Find the right atmosphere in our Treasury Bar, indoor dining or newly renovated, fully covered patio with live music.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great atmosphere and food. Recommend to others in town wanting cajun style seafood. Location is convenient and good size portions. Enjoy...

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Started out with the Fondoo. It was excellent. Should have been the main course. The Cajun enchiladas were great. Everyone in our party of loved their choice. The service was very good. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Five of us dined at McAdoo's this past Monday evening. It was a birthday celebration. I made reservations a week in advance and very specifically requested that we not be seated in a booth; rather we wanted a table. I was informed that my request would be met. The honoree and one other guest arrived a couple of minutes early and were seated; the other 3 of us arrived at the time of the reservation. I was quite disappointed to see that the first two persons had been seated in a booth! I asked the hostess about my specific request for a table but the only response I received was that she'd be glad to move us, which we did. It was 5:30 on a Monday evening and there were very few other diners in the restaurant and two hostesses at the stand. I don't know if the person who took the reservation failed to communicate it or if the hostess failed to look at the request. Either way, it was disappointing. That said, our server was good and the food was fine. My experience with the reservation system did not spoil an enjoyable evening but I did find it to reflect less than desirable customer service.

1  Thank elviejo1951
Reviewed July 16, 2014

McAdoo's was recommended by friends who live in New Braunfels, they joined us for dinner, of course. I was a little worried because we had 5 children(under 8) in our group of 3 families. We made reservations ahead to be polite. McAdoo's staff was very welcoming on the phone as well as on arrival. Our waiter (aka: Thor) was so patient, accomodating and knew the menu and winelist without hesitation (impressive!).The food was amazing! We had wine, appetizers (Seafood fondue, boiled shrimp, onion rings), and entree's. All Amazing! Yes it was a little more $$ than the average restaurant, but it is no average restaurant. High quality, well presented food with professinal servers and upscale historic downtown location. Best of all the kids were as happy as we were. I highly recommend for a "nice dinner out" for couples or family. We will be back!
Hint: After dinner: there is a bakery across the street for coffee and a sweet (also child friendly), or take an after dinner stoll through downtown window shopping. It's still a great little town!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stopped in for an early dinner and was pleasantly surprised! Top quality seafood in New Braunfels? The building is the old post office, and all the charm of the turn-of-the-century architecture is still intact. McAdoo's is easy-going enough for a quick lunch in shorts and a t-shirt, but nice enough for date nights as well! A+