Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This is a great hotel!!! The staff was really great. We had a nice time in New Braunfels thanks to the Courtyard.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a convention that was also held there. I stayed in a room with a balcony and it was simply perfect. It had a wonderful view of the river and courtyard area. The convention I attended there was handled to perfection and the staff in every area was very accommodating. The food was great and the atmosphere is one you are sure to enjoy. Thanks New Braunfels Courtyard for a great stay!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village. Check-in was friendly and quick. We got a river view room with a balcony, which is well worth the upgrade. Room features: very clean, very quiet, individual thermostats for A/C and heat, small refrigerator, mini coffee maker, comfortable king bed with plenty of pillows and a down comforter, Ipod docking station/clock, flat screen TV with about 30 cable channels, free wi-fi access in room and lobby, working desk, strong shower with plenty of hot water, and toiletries provided. We really enjoyed dining at the lobby restaurant, but our poor server was both tending bar and cooking, so she was spread a little thin (but she still managed to get us taken care of). We loved sitting by the outdoor fireplace, overlooking the river, and having Starbucks coffee and breakfast (not included) in the morning was a nice treat. They also offer features we didn't use on this trip including a business station in the lobby, workout facility, pool (closed for winter) and hot tub. We wouild gladly return.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I came with a small conference being held at another location. The place is as beautiful as described by other reviewers. They have really put a lot of thought into making the stay pleasent for customers. The staff was always couteous and helpful. We loved our room on the third floor with a window looking out into the high tree foliage. The most impressive thing, however, was the cleanliness of the rooms. When I enter a hotel room, I take a sanitizing wipe and use it to wipe everything down (yes, I know it's weird, but I spent years as a health inspector!). Usually after I wipe down everything that we might touch, there is a dust/dirt residue left on the wipe. At the Courtyard Marriott there was not one bit of soil on the wipe!! My only complaint and also the reason I did not rate it a 5 star is the mattress was not comfortable. It was not cushioned or plush and therefore way too firm. I hope the hotel will spring for some real good mattresses.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed a night here last weekend and loved the hotel. We had a balcony that overlooked the pool and the river - I highly recommend requesting a river view. Very relaxing environment. Rooms were clean and quiet. The gentleman working at the front desk that afternoon and evening treated us with the best customer service I have ever seen in a hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed here for one night last week (on points so I'm not complaining). Good location. Great views (if you can get a pool/river view room). We had a few ants in our room on the nightstand that must have been sprayed for right before we checked in. stilled smelled a little like bug spray but we lived. noticed some long hairs on the bathroom floor that weren't ours - could/should have been cleaned better. we lived. Overall a relaxing place - quick drive to Gruene, tubing, food, etc.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

For my BF's birthday we stayed at this hotel. The location was good, view was very good. The rooms still smelled new but a little small. The beds were comfortable, they had some type of foam topper which was comfortable but a little hot. Two huge wedding groups were staying at this hotel and because most of them knew each other they pretty much overtook the hotel lobby, deck area, pool.
One really nice thing about this hotel in the lobby there is a huge touch screen that you can look for tube rentals, resturants, ect and it well show you how to get there. It shows the local weather as well.
Although this hotel sits on the river there is no river access.
There are no room safes either and with the huge wedding partys we had to make two trips to the car to get our stuff b/c there were no luggage carts.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple