Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Midland, Texas
“Nice place”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our stay at this Marriott was very enjoyable because of all the family that was there. This property is absolutely beautiful. Only problem was that you are paying $200-$300 a night and still have to pay for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There was nothing complimentary. Hotel rooms were very nice and spacious. Easy access to I-35 and the Guadalupe River.

Room Tip: not by the elevator I would stay on the top floor for sure
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I have been coming to New Braunfels for the last few years and decided to try out the Courtyard River Village this trip given it was rated so highly on Tripadvisor. We booked a King room - no balcony or river view. When we arrived to check-in (late at night granted), we were told that all that was available was a King Room with ADA (Americans with Disability). Given there were no other options, we took the room and finished check-in. The ADA shower was basically useless - only about 3.5 feet tall with a hand wand for showering. Given the huge annoyance, I figured we would be credited or some other offsetting benefit, but nothing. The hotel is very busy with tons of families running around. The food and bar area seem nice and were always plenty busy. Location is great and the staff were all friendly. Rooms were clean and property was well maintained. Complimentary parking and wifi were an upside. That being said, the price to stay at this hotel versus other New Braunfels hotels simply isn't worth it. I think this would be a great value at about 1/2 to 2/3 the rack rate for rooms being charged. We won't be staying here again.

1 Thank kskrillz
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This hot was amazing. We had a room with a balcony and river view. Beautiful view of the river. The room were huge. Bathroom also very big as well. Very clean well kept property! Our girls had a great time playing in the river on tubs and kayak and husband had a great time fishing. Friendly staff! We did not have our room cleaned and the evening when we came back we had a bag with extra towels wash cloths shampoo ect hanging on our door handle. They really go the extra mile here. We have never stayed at a Courtyard Marriott but was very impressed. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in New Braundfels. This room was a little expensive but worth it!

Stayed July 2014
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. Any question I asked they had an answer for, like how the Rockin R tube rental pick up and drop off worked and the best places to go eat or get a drink. The hotel had a great local, river theme. There was plenty to do with the hot tub and pool outside along with the river front pier and beach. There was also a camp fire area with live music and they sold alcoholic beverages. The hotel had a microwave and fridge and was very neat and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the view from the balcony was awesome. The breakfast you do have to purchase, but it was really worth it. They used real eggs and the quality of food was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in New Braunfels.

College Station, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My friends and I stayed here for a river trip. From the moment we walked into the hotel, the staff was very welcoming! Amy and Halie were very helpful. The property sits right on the river which provided a beautiful view the entire weekend. The breakfast was great and worth the small extra cost. The rooms were very clean and spacious. I would not stay anywhere else in New Braunfels.

Room Tip: Utilize the Rockin R Shuttle Pick Up that the hotel provides for free!
1 Thank Lindsey M
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean but outdoors smelled like sewer. Definitely not worth $200+ per night. People at front desk also not very friendly. On river however boats and jet skis go through there as well so I wouldn't recommend letting your children play in river behind hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Keith M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear tripadivise2u,

As a Platinum Circle award winning hotel which puts our property in the top 5% of Courtyard Marriotts, I apologize that you did not experience our exceptional customer service. I have advised our front desk and they are on their A game.

As far as the sewage smell that you have explained, there is a sewage treatment plant directly across the river from us. On rare occassion when the wind catches just right the smell may carry over the river and on to our property. Unfortunately this is an issue that is out of our hands.

We are so lucky to be located on Lake Dunlap as we are able to offer water activities such as kayaks, stand up paddle boards, swimming, and even a pontoon boat ride. We have buoyed off the shallow part of the water where boats do not come to make it safe for swimmers including children. Be sure to take advantage of this area if you return!

Best,
The Courtyard Marriott Management Team
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2014

While I was working in Austin, my family stayed at this outstanding hotel. I was able to launch my jet-skis just across the road and play all-day in the river with our friends that came in to join us. The property is set up very nicely with the river set very nicely behind the hotel. The spacious and inviting reception area made you feel welcome the minute you reach the front desk.

The room..........I was very surprised to see the black around the vent in the ceiling (see picture) and how dirty the walls were. I know this place gets a lot of visitors, but spend some time and clean the obvious. Our deck was very small, but big enough to open and close the door and review the river.

We ate several times at the restaurant with very good results.

The Pool.................Extremely dirty. We were there for four days and after the third day I was tired of seeing the same stuff floating in the pool and asked the front desk to have it cleaned; never happened.

The Friday and Saturday night entertainment was very good and fun.

I see that the price was around $300 for most guests. I was able to get my corporate rate of $109. This is a $200 hotel. I understand they mark it up for the great location, but for $300 you can go to the Lost Pines and get better.

Overall, I would go back for the $109 a night.

Room Tip: All rooms with balconies have great views of the river. Look for discounts.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian K
Dear Brian K,

I apologize about the wall and vent issues you may have encountered. I have informed our housekeeping and maintenance department and they are making sure that our property is in tip top shape.

Our pool hours are 10AM-10PM so that our maintenance team may treat the pool and keep it clean. We made a beach where our property meets the river. With heavy summer traffic, sand from down at the water, and other factors, the pool may get a little dirty. I apologize that you experienced the pool in such condition and I assure you that our maintenance team is keeping an eye on it.

Our summer rates are the rate they are because of all the ammenities we have to offer such as water activites, volleyball, giant jenga, our River Grill on weekends, our Bistro restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner, live music on weekends, etc. So we are glad you were able to enjoy some of that!

Best,