Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have spent about nine weeks at this hotel already and absolutely love it!! Every person on the hotel staff has made me feel right at home. I promise that you will not find a friendlier staff. The courtyard is absolutely stunning. It is set on the banks of the Guadalupe river and provides a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The location is fabulous, located in the middle of San Antonio and Austin and near some of the best German restaurants Texas has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view with a balconly
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
cyrv-gm, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Mark K,

9 weeks is a long time to be away from home! We are so glad to hear that during your long term stay we have been able to make our property feel like home for you. We are so lucky to be right on the banks of the Guadalupe River and Lake Dunlap and surrounded with 100 year old pecan trees. After 9 long weeks at work I hope you have been able to take enough time to yourself to relax in our backyard. It really is a breath of fresh air.

It has been our absolute pleasure having you stay with us and we hope when you have some leisure time you will come back and see us!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The property is beautiful and right on the lake. The rooms are generous in size and up to date. Beautiful grounds and pool. The rooms are a bit pricey, and the king bedroom is laid out a bit odd, but still a very nice room. We went for a weekend in January 2014 and will return as soon as possible. My husband's only regret was he didn't bring a fishing pole. Ask for a room with a balcony, worth the extra expense.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, and possibly a room with two queen beds (only because of the layout o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Having stayed here every other week over the last year, I can't say enough about this hotel and all of its employees. I have enjoyed the outstanding service of all the employees, from housekeeping to management. Everyone has gone out of their way to make all of my numerous stays, very comfortable and pleasant.
The desk staff, especially Haile and Amy, always remember my name and always greet me with a smile and a kind word, whether it is at check-in or when I return at the end of the day. And, they go out of their way to accomodate any special requests/needs that I might have. These ladies truely make me feel like I'm "right at home" - ALWAYS! And, they never appear to be having a "bad day", like I've seen at other hotels.
The night staff, as well as the grill staff, always greet me with a warm smile and kind word, as well, and they always remember my name, even if it has been several weeks since my last stay.
The rooms are always very clean and well kept. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job refreshing my room each day.
The management staff is always available and ready to accommodate any special or emergency room requests, when my client changes my schedule on short notice. They go the "extra mile", to see that I have a room, even when the hotel is virtually sold out.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a stay in the New Braunfels/San Antonio area. The amenities are wonderful, also - A great grill/bar, fantastic lobby/business area, outstanding views of the river, and a great shaded grounds with pool, fire pit, boat docks, etc.
You can't go wrong staying here!!

Room Tip: I really prefer a room with a balcony, just because I enjoy sitting outside, especially in the eveni...
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed March 10, 2014

What a breath of fresh air for a Courtyard!! Being a Marriott Elite member having stayed over 1000 nights with Marriott in the last 15 years, I will admit that sometimes Courtyards can be a bit stale. This is the exception. What a warm, friendly and professional staff that greets you from the moment you walk in and throughout your stay, always willing to be of assistance. From the front desk staff, cafe staff, housekeeping and even maintenance, always have a smile and a pleasant word no matter what time of day or night. The property itself is new and very well maintained and what a view and very conveniently located between San Antonio and Austin. Each time I leave, I can't wait to get back as I compare all other Courtyards to this one as they have set the bar very high. First rate. . no doubt about it.

Room Tip: High floor, river side with a balcony. Well worth the price.
2  Thank Tom Y
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I am currently in my 9th week of staying at this hotel for a 10 week school. This hotel and especially its staff has bent over backwards for me this entire 2.5 months. They have honored every request I have made, and made my time away from my family in Florida a lot easier to bear. Each of the staff has taken time to introduce themselves to me, and I would love to thank Halie, Amy, Vannesa, Brenda, Candace, Maintenance Jeff, Cook Jeff, and Eddie for doing everything I ever asked of them. The hospitality I was given during this long stay is next to none. Customer service is truly job #1 with these folks, and if I am ever in the New Braunfels, Texas area, I will not stay at another hotel. My room was cleaned every single day above my expectations, and the view from my room was breath-taking. I feel very qualified to rate this hotel after staying here for 2.5 months. I would highly recommend this hotel to any guest looking to stay in the New Braunfels area. I read a negative review on here entitled, "The Marriott does not care about their guests." I could not disagree more. I have been staying here since January 13th, and I couldn't be more happy with the customer service and the overall hotel experience. Thank you Courtyard Marriott hotel and staff for a job well done! I am actually going to miss you when I leave in two weeks!

Room Tip: I stayed my entire 2.5 months in the same room on the 4th floor. Simply put, this meant there was n...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Terry S
cyrv-gm, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Good morning Terry S,

First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We love hearing feedback from our guests.

Secondly, on behalf of myself and the entire Courtyard staff, it has been an absolute pleasure having you stay with us for the past two and a half months. We understand how hard it is to be away from home and family for such a great length of time and are so glad that we have been able to make it just a little bit easier!

Thank you again for taking time to post a review and we hope if you life brings you back our way you won't be a stranger!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I am an elite member of the marriott, this is the hotel i always stay anytime i go on vacation and i have never had this problem before. This hotel was at a nice location. Everything was pretty clean but when we had checked out they charged us with a smoking fee of 282 dollars. We never smoked in the room, they refuse to reverse the charges because after a few phone calls of getting nowhere I was no longer in a calm mood and used profanity towards the employee. I will never stay here again due to the way I was treated when I was trying to understand why i just donated 282 dollars to a hotel that does not appreciate and value one of their long time members.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank allison_parish
cyrv-gm, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Good morning allison_parish,

The Courtyard Marriott New Braunfels River Village is a smoke free property. We indicated this on our website, guest key card packets, and next to every room door. Unfortunately after finding illegal substances upon your departure in your room, we had to put the room out of order and could not sell it until the smell of marijuana was removed.

After explaining this to the actual guest that was registered in this room, we did decide to end communication because of the language that was being used. Please understand that we do care about our guests however we have policies and procedures that we follow such as being a smoke free and drug free hotel.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was here for a conference. Although I did not actually stay at the hotel, I did get to see the rooms (one was rented as a hospitality suite for the conference, and an adjoining room for our hospitality committee to use to sleep) and they was very nice. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful on several occasions that I needed help. The conference room was big enough for our needs. And the staff frequently asked if we needed anything. I live only 10 miles away, so I don't foresee any need to rent a room for myself, but if company comes to visit, this will definitely be on the list of places I recommend for them to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WinthropJQuiggy
cyrv-gm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Good morning J Winthrop Quiggy,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your convention here at our hotel & look forward to welcoming your group back. Although you do live just around the corner, we would love to invite you to the hotel to enjoy breakfast or dinner in our Bistro Restaurant. It is open to the public!
Keep us in mind for football season as well because we air games on our giant projector in the lobby and have great food & drink specials!

Also, keep us in mind for you summer time fun! Rockin' R sets up on our shore just along the Guadalupe River and Lake Dunlap with kayaks, toobs, stand up paddle boards, and a pontoon boat! Once again, this is an option available to you whether you are a guest here or not!

Thank you again for taking time to post a review & we look forward to your return!