Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$99
$86
$81
$84
Hilton Garden Inn New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$121
$97
Comfort Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$80
Hampton Inn & Suites New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$139
$129
Candlewood Suites New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$59
Travelocity
Best Western Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$100
$87
The Resort at Schlitterbahn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$325
All reviewsoutdoor fireplacetypical courtyardpaddle boardsnicest courtyardpontoon boatfire pitbreakfast buffetbeautiful propertyan upgradelobby areamini fridgepicnic tablesparking lotthe room was nicecoffee makersan antoniobalcony
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I am an elite member of the marriott, this is the hotel i always stay anytime i go on vacation and i have never had this problem before. This hotel was at a nice location. Everything was pretty clean but when we had checked out they charged us with a smoking fee of 282 dollars. We never smoked in the room, they refuse to reverse the charges because after a few phone calls of getting nowhere I was no longer in a calm mood and used profanity towards the employee. I will never stay here again due to the way I was treated when I was trying to understand why i just donated 282 dollars to a hotel that does not appreciate and value one of their long time members.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank allison_parish
cyrv-gm, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Good morning allison_parish,

The Courtyard Marriott New Braunfels River Village is a smoke free property. We indicated this on our website, guest key card packets, and next to every room door. Unfortunately after finding illegal substances upon your departure in your room, we had to put the room out of order and could not sell it until the smell of marijuana was removed.

After explaining this to the actual guest that was registered in this room, we did decide to end communication because of the language that was being used. Please understand that we do care about our guests however we have policies and procedures that we follow such as being a smoke free and drug free hotel.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was here for a conference. Although I did not actually stay at the hotel, I did get to see the rooms (one was rented as a hospitality suite for the conference, and an adjoining room for our hospitality committee to use to sleep) and they was very nice. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful on several occasions that I needed help. The conference room was big enough for our needs. And the staff frequently asked if we needed anything. I live only 10 miles away, so I don't foresee any need to rent a room for myself, but if company comes to visit, this will definitely be on the list of places I recommend for them to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WinthropJQuiggy
cyrv-gm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Good morning J Winthrop Quiggy,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your convention here at our hotel & look forward to welcoming your group back. Although you do live just around the corner, we would love to invite you to the hotel to enjoy breakfast or dinner in our Bistro Restaurant. It is open to the public!
Keep us in mind for football season as well because we air games on our giant projector in the lobby and have great food & drink specials!

Also, keep us in mind for you summer time fun! Rockin' R sets up on our shore just along the Guadalupe River and Lake Dunlap with kayaks, toobs, stand up paddle boards, and a pontoon boat! Once again, this is an option available to you whether you are a guest here or not!

Thank you again for taking time to post a review & we look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Spent 6 nights between Christmas and New Years Eve at this location. It is rated to be number one in New Braunfels which the exterior supports but the interior needs some work. Our bathroom has wall paper and paint that needed to be repaired. Carpet needed spotting as there were several stains. The pillows on the bed are extremely hard and beds not that comfortable. The front staff is very helpful and friendly and are very polite and try to met your needs. They were short of staff for cleaning and missed our room completely. They have a sign that states they change sheets every three days but you must remind them. I think the breakfast is pricey considering what you can obtain outside the motel. They have Starbucks offering and we got several coffees and had to take them back as they were not filled. That service needs to be fine turned. We had friends at the La Quinta and for the difference in price I am not sure this was worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mcdentiste
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I am staying here for a week (until Dec 31) while my daughter is at Newks. The hotel seems to be the nicest one in the area and the setting is very pretty. I have enjoyed the hot cider and lemonade in the lobby (nice touch). The pool area looks nice even though it is closed this time of year. I wish the outdoor fireplace was working as the setting is very nice along the river. The staff is friendly. I was a little upset, however, that no one cleaned my room today (I left at 8 and just returned). The front desk staff was very nice and got me towels and soap. It sounds like their cleaning staff didn't show. Hopefully they will tomorrow. I would stay at this hotel again as I do think it is the nicest one in the area but I would suggest not leaving items in your car as there are signs everywhere warning you to not leave valuables in your car which makes me a little nervous. However, I am sure the hotel is just being prudent in informing their guests about local car break-ins.

• Stayed: December 2013
cyrv-gm, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Good morning MicheleLubbock

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. How was your daughter's camp at Newks? I hope it was successful and enjoyable.

I do apologize for the inconvenience on your room. Rest assured our house keeping staff does service rooms by the Marriott standards, and this was an exception to the rule. Nonetheless, my sincerest apologies for this instance. We will certainly address this with our team & work hard to ensure it does not occur again.

In regards to the signage you mentioned regarding personal possessions in vehicles, you are exactly right, we are adhering to a city wide suggestion from NBPD to inform all travelers to take every precaution possible. We are the leaders in prevention throughout the city as our GM has exhausted every possible measure to work side-by-side with the Chief of Police, Assistant Chief of Police, the City Manager, and the mayor herself. Our guests safety is our number one priority and we will do everything we can to ensure it.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Nice large rooms, very clean. The concierge was very friendly and helpful. The view of the river made sitting on the balcony very pleasant. I would definitely stay here again. The parking area could use more lighting at night and maybe a security guard. There have been some vandalism to cars in the past, but otherwise a very nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family