“Car was broken into”

Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Be warned, while the hotel and grounds are beautiful, STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK. My car's driver's window was broken out and my entire work suitcase was stolen. Called the police and they said it happens all the time.

Manager denied any responsibility. Also stated there are NO security cameras. You have been warned.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank KDC11

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We booked our trip too late to stay in Gruene, where we were actually visiting, but were very happy with the Courtyard. It's right off 35, so it's easy to find. Ask for a room with a pool view. These rooms not only overlook the pool but the river as well. I wish it hadn't been cold and raining the night we visited, as the staff gave us a free upgrade to a room with a balcony overlooking the pool & river. It looked like it would've been nice to sit outside with a cold beer watching the river go by.

The room itself was great. Everything is new, the bathroom has a actual shower without the yucky bathtub. It even has a ledge, which makes leg shaving easier, and it's big enough for two. The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely decorated.

I saw that someone posted that the noise was bad and that there was no access to anything if you don't have a car. We never heard any kind of noise, even from the highway, because there's nothing going on in New Braunfels after 10pm. The only thing open is Denny's and IHOP...believe me we tried to find an open bar. But of course you can't access anything without a car. It's New Braunfels, there's not a lot of places to walk to.

I will definitely consider staying here again when I come back in the summer (if I can't get a room in Gruene!).

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool & river!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The place is awful.they broke the window of our car in the parking lot and they stole everything.there was not enough light in the parking lots.the front desk people did not say anything about the dangerous area.at 3 pm I tried to find something to eat at the hotels bistro.it was closed.they were ants at the bathroom.the pillows were synthetic and we could not sleep.the linens were the lowest quality I ever seen.the noise of the highway terrible.no easy access to any place if you did not have a car

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Betty L
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed at the location 2 nights while we tubed down the river. The location is near restaurants. The hotel is very clean. Staff was friendly. No complaints

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is my third time to stay at this hotel. My wife and I love the convenience of the site and the Guadalupe River in the backyaed. The staff here are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are very comfortable. It is a good hotel experience

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The double room was extremely nice, clean and silent. Granted it was a slow night, there were only 4 cars in the parking lot. I enjoyed it. Only thing to mention is that it was probably too expensive, 170 plus taxes, for a double on an off-season sunday night

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank petitprince2000
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I booked a group of rooms for family for my son's TX State graduation. It was a little far from San Marcos, but turned out to be well worth the trip. I've stayed in numerous locations in San Marcos while visiting my son, but this Courtyard beat everything there (on par with the Embassy Suites).
Pros: great pre-pay price, location, location, location, front desk service (she personally got on the phone with my elderly parents to guide them in while they were driving), rooms were great (bedding-nice, mattress-comfy, clean-yep, view-river view was awesome), outside seating/lounging area ON the Guadelupe River.
Cons: drive to San Marcos (15ish miles). But, if I was there for New Braunfels it would not be a con!
Overall, my family and I thoroughly enjoyed the stay!

Room Tip: If you'll have time to enjoy it - the balcony rooms are well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family