“Really Good BBQ”

Ranked #11 of 273 Restaurants in New Braunfels
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Honored as the Best of the Best in the barbecue business and home to the world-famous Big Chop, Cooper’s of New Braunfels is sure to satisfy any BBQ craving. We are located in historic Gruene, just a mile off of I-35, making us a convenient option whether you live nearby or are passing through. Our picnic-style concept allows you to pick from 13 different kinds of meat at the pit, then come inside and select your side dishes such as mac ‘n cheese, cole slaw, potato salad, hot cobbler and more.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended by the clerk at the hotel. It was just a short drive away from our hotel. The food was really good and the portions was plenty for my family of 4. We had plenty of leftovers. I did not like the fact that they didn't provide any plates, only parchment paper. Really?? I can't eat off of parchment paper, especially when staying in a hotel.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Have eaten here several times and taken "to go" for from 2 to 25 people. Quality is always very good and consistent. Sides and sauce good.

2  Thank Bainesmann
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stopped in the New Braunfels Cooper's because we had liked the BBQ at the place in Llano. This place was a bit fancier but the food was very yummy. We had pork ribs and brisket and really enjoyed it. Would go back in a minute.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is a must visit when I return again. Very different type of place. The beans are soooo good and the BBQ sauce is just as good. I am not sure what meat I liked the best, brisket, ribs, pork chops, or the peach cobbler. If you leave hungry, something is wrong. Environment encourages people to talk to new people, not just their own group. Thumbs up all around.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been hearing about Cooper's for years and how great it is supposed to be, but both my husband and I thought it was average at best. I had the chopped beef sandwich and it was nothing special. I also had the jalapeno sausage, and again, nothing great. My husband and son both tried the brisket and my husband said it was dry. My husband had the pork ribs and said they were okay, although I thought they were seasoned well. I also wasn't wild about their sauce. It's a runny sauce that is quite vinegary. I actually like vinegar sauces, but this had too much vinegar, even for me. We won't be stopping at Cooper's again. It's just nothing to get excited about.