My fiancee and I stayed here because I grew up coming to Gruene and New Braunfels and I wanted him to see where our family spent many summers. We booked the River Lookout because I wanted a view of the Guadalupe River and we were not dissappointed at all. Check in was easy and the staff was so pleasant. We were able to park close the the room, but not right in front, but that didnt bother us at all. Our room had a privacy gate in front of it and a wonderful covered porch overlooking the river. It had 2 rocking chairs, a ceiling fan and small table for our evening beverages. There is an adjoining door on the porch which would be nice for 2 couple traveling together. The picture on thier website shows a window unit type air conditioning, but now there is central air and a beautiful stained glass window.
The bed was very comfy and having a mini fridge was nice for our leftovers from the Gristmill Restaurant next door. I loved the clawfoot tub/shower combo as well. Every morning we enjoyed delicious treats such as tarragon potatoes, eggs, sausage, mini cinnamon rolls, orange muffins and pecan coffee on our porch.
We enjoyed our stay and hope to be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is made up of cottages filled with antiques overlooking the Guadalupe River ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gruene Mansion Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Mansion Inn Bed And Breakfast