Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast
$81
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$99
$86
$84
Comfort Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$80
Hilton Garden Inn New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$116
$97
Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$138
Best Western Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$96
$87
BestWestern.com
Candlewood Suites New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
Hotels.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$59
The Resort at Schlitterbahn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$325
All reviewsdance hallrocking chairssunday hausclawfoot tubfluss hausoverlooking the rivertexas pecan coffeespiral staircaseclaw footprivate porchwalking distancegristmill restaurantthe main houseday bedcorn cobreserved parkingbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Following some recomendations on the TA forum about romantic places to stay, I opted to stay here and I must say it exceeded my expectations. We stayed in the River Hideout wHich was beautiful with a lovely view down to the river and a little balcony with rocking chairs. It's not 5* but I didnt expect it as you are paying for the surroundings and ambience of the place.

The breakfast was impressive and I took it back to the room for us to eat. At night we went to the Grist Mill to eat and then danced on the lawn to the band that was playing inside the Hall.

It was truly the most romantic day of my life and we will definately be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EvanPark3r
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The hubs and I went to this beautiful B&B for our 1st wedding anniversary and had an AMAZING time. The room was clean, comfortable, and had major personality. I was a little weary of the decor after looking online but the pics do not do it justice. It's definitely got a vintage feel, but it is clean, well thought out, and takes you back to another time. It feels antique without feeling outdated. Nice hot showers, and clean claw-foot bathtub. Crisp comfy clean sheets and fluffy towels plus all of the complimentary bath products were Aveda. We stayed in Das Fluss Haus No. 11 and had a beautiful view of the river and a lovely front porch with large rocking chairs from which we could admire the view. It was quite and peaceful, but right next door to Gruene Hall so you can easily walk over there for a cold beer and some live music. I cannot say enough about all of the beautiful gardens, I could have spent days photographing all those beautiful flowers. Breakfast was amazing- we heaped our plates with hot eggs, bacon and pastries... and it's nice because breakfast is served until 10:30 so you can still sleep in a little. The staff were amazing, more than friendly, and more than helpful. They definitely have a sense of pride and I can see why. We left Gruene Mansion Inn feeling relaxed and rejuvenated and I will definitely want to go back as soon as I can!! :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sky A
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My husband and I were given a weekend at the Gruene Mansion Inn for our wedding in July. We stayed the weekend at the end of April this year in the Hayloft. What an amazing time! The grounds are peaceful and beautiful. We walked to Market Days and dinner both evenings we were there. The Hayloft was quaint and quite comfortable . . . right on the river. We enjoyed our coffee on our private porch . . . listending to the birds and admiring the giant trees overlooking the river. The breakfast buffet was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! You can tell the meal was prepared with TLC. Many delectable choices of fresh baked goods, eggs and breakfast meats, fresh fruits, cereals. Something for everyone's tast. Very healthful. The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. We will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joy S
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I spent one night in the Gasthaus in March. We loved the character of the place - it's a lovely room and is in a great location. It's right next door to the music hall and the nearby Gristmill is a nice place to eat.

We were sad that we only chose to stay here for one night - it's a beautiful place and I highly recommend it if you're visiting Gruene or New Braunfels.

Room Tip: Just give them a call and ask - they're very helpful and will help you choose a room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I can't explain to you in words how wonderful this place is, but I'll give it a shot anyway.
I don't write many reviews, but I am an avid traveler. This place deserves a review because it is small and wonderful.
From the moment you enter you are greeted with a friendly face and a greet laid back attitude. The accommodations are incredible. There are a little small, but that's all part of the charm. You can tell each item is hand selected and the room was decorated with care. Get a room with a view of the river. It is so quiet. An excellent location for a romantic get away.
The location is right next to all the shopping, dance hall, and bars. Moreover, free wifi, Keurig Coffee in your room and an amazing breakfast earn this place 5 stars.
Don't pass this place up!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river. Country Penthaus #14 worked great for us!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple