We just got back from a nice stay at the Gruene Mansion Inn. The property is lovely and the atmosphere is incredibly charming. It is right in the middle of the best of historic Gruene. You can walk everywhere you want to go. The room we had (Sunday Haus) was a little small, but it worked just fine. The king bed upstairs was very comfortable. Our children slept downstairs on the trundle bed and while it was a little cramped with the trundle pulled out, we managed just fine. The breakfast here is incredible. There is a huge selection of freshly made items. The staff is very friendly. They keep the breakfast buffet well stocked and are helpful in cleaning up. Check in and out was a breeze. All in all, you cannot beat the atmosphere here. The property is historic, peaceful, and beautiful. The only drawback to staying here is the noise level. We stayed on a Saturday and Sunday night. Sunday was not so bad, but on Saturday it was hard to get any sleep. There is a restaurant/bar right in front of the building where we stayed. It was just across the parking lot and about 70 feet from our room. They had live music until about 11 pm. You could literally hear it like you were right there in the audience. When that band finished playing, you could hear the act over at Gruene Hall. They played until after midnight. After that there were plenty of partiers around the property and you could plainly hear them laughing, yelling, honking car horns, etc. etc. All this continued until well after 2 am. So, if you aren't planning on going to bed until after 2 am, it won't be a problem for you. But if you, like us, have things planned for early the next morning, it will be really hard for you to get any sleep. There is nothing the Gruene Mansion Inn staff can do about the noise level, it is just part of being in this area. Maybe if you get a room near the river you will have a quieter experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is made up of cottages filled with antiques overlooking the Guadalupe River ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Gruene Mansion Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gruene Mansion Hotel New Braunfels
- Gruene Mansion Inn Bed And Breakfast