“Fantastic!” 4 of 5 bubbles

56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We went on a Monday and there was not a whole lot of people there!and they had plenty of things for my 2 year old son to see and do! The layout was open so he could just move on or come back or just run! This place was very pleasant and enjoyable for all of us. I would say this place was geared more for kids under 5 but that's just my opinion! What I do know is that my boy played so hard that he was asleep in his car seat before even got out of the parking lot and that is how I know he had a blast!

San Antonio, tx
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Small but well maintained Children's Museum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We visited the McKenna Children's Museum recently with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We spent 3 hours there and the kids had a good time. Here are the high and low points.

Pros:
1. They ran a deal on groupon where a family of 4 could visit half price which was awesome.
2. Well maintained museum.
3, Outdoor play area was nice but it was too warm to enjoy it.

Cons:
1. We visited on a Saturday and the cafe wasn't open. So we had to drive around to find a vegetarian friendly restaurant. Would've been convenient if they had it open on Saturdays for kids to grab a quick bite.
2. Not many exhibits.

In all, a nice place to spend a couple of hours.

Houston, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Boring!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

McKenna museum is a very small museum. There are exhibits about space, bank,a play house, market ,hospital and a water activity ouside the museum. My kid liked the space exhibit and the water activity. The rest he said was boring. The museum might be interesting for toddlers and small kids. If you are in NewBraunfels as a tourist, there are other nice places to visit than this.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank lOve_explOre_travel
Austin, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great children's museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a great children's museum. The outside portion has a great water activity center, giant building blocks, a miniature climbing wall, music toys, and a playscape. Inside area standard children's museum fare - play grocery store, play bank, play house, etc. There are also exhibits on working in space, an area to paint, exhibits on health, a play cave, and more. We've been twice; one of the best parts is the rotating exhibit area. They change this - not sure how often. We've been there when the kids could play with light and shadow, such as having shadow butterflies land on the kids' shadows. This time, there were a ton of Keva planks and some idea. Kids loved to build different things with this. If I lived in the area, I would have to get an annual pass for the family.

San Antonio, Texas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were invited for a birthday party here, and I am so glad. It was one of the best I have been too. The outdoor play area is great, a huge water table for them to build dams in, or fish for plastic magnet fish. They have large foam building blocks to build with, a WONDERFUL climbing tower, built with these pod like platforms.
Indoors, they have a great space exhibit, a paint/craft room, camping set up, house set up, grocery store, hospital, ambulance, etc.
And all on one level :)