Edelweiss Inn
$93
Comfort Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$80
$67
ComfortSuites
Best Western Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$75
BestWestern.com
$63
Sleep Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$75
$59
Hotels.com
Hilton Garden Inn New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$89
$74
Hotels.com
$82
Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$112
Courtyard
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$79
$66
The Resort at Schlitterbahn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$280
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This was the worst hotel I have stayed at in a long time. All of the other reviews were spot on. Amenities? There were none. On their website it clearly has a pool listed and there isn't even a spot where it would be if it was there. When we informed them of this they told us we could leave, however they already had our card charged. We asked for more towels and never got them. We were told that there was a sofa large enough for a kid to sleep on when in actuality there was a small chair! Do NOT STAY HERE. For $120.00 this was the worst dump of a hotel ever!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank badfishlove
Reviewed December 17, 2008

I'd rather sleep in the depths of He** than go to this dump again. At least there they are honest about what you are getting, and won't charge your credit card for nothing. We tried to sleep here but were too disgusted about our room being left dirty with crumbs of something from previous tenants and fireants on the floor. We were told we would be refunded, but of course were not (see several other posts). Too bad there is no way to rate this as a zero or a negative several stars as I doubt there is much worse place out there in the U.S. At any rate, based on previous years' reviews on this site, it seems the same dishonest owners must be in charge and they will laugh in your face as they steal your money! They probably giggle with glee when they see posts such as the previous 25 that have bothered to comment on this site! Stay here at your own risk!!! At least you will be able to say you hit rock bottom and won't ever stay anywhere as terrible as this place again. Make sure you take a shower as soon as you get back from your vacation, you will need it! Hopefully at least one person will read this post BEFORE trying to stay at this place rather than afterward and receiving the same experience as the rest of us!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 24, 2008

We stayed at this hotel when we evacuated from Lake Jackson for Hurricane Ike because it was the only one left by the time I got around to making reservations. I was a little nervous because of the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised to find a decent sized room with a sofa, refrigerator and microwave. It is an older complex but everything was clean and the people were helpful. Not a bad place to stay if you want an inexpensive, clean, centrally-located hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Oh yes it is that bad. We stayed here 1 night. Glad not more. With the evacution for the hurricane, all other places were booked. When we came to check in there was a note on the door, "back in 10 minutes", yeah right. When we tried to check out at 7:00am, same note. The doorknob to the room was very loose, almost falling off. They tried to put in newer carpet, but left gaps between carpet and wall, and there were big dead roaches in the gaps. The love seat in our room was covered with dog hair. The pillows were flat. We called the front desk for more towels, and were told they had to wash and dry some first!! We never got the towels. There was also a couple that was locked out of their room, their kids were inside sleeping and their key would not open the door, and the "back in 10" note was up. We have stayed at other very nice hotels in dowtown Houston for the same price and this place did not compare. We will Not stay here again and recommend that you don't either.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank pltk
Reviewed August 17, 2008

My girlfriend and I had originally intended to stay with someone while visiting New Braunfels to spend a day at the waterpark. When the plans fell through, my girlfriend booked this hotel off Orbitz because the prices were so low.

Shortly after, I came to several websites such as this to check out reviews. My fears were only confirmed when my girlfriend called the hotel to confirm the reservation and was hung up on twice. After calling a few more times, we got hold of a very rude gentleman when asking to confirm the reservation, so we decided to cancel. Very annoyed, he told us we would NOT be charged for the room but we had to call in the morning because the lady who did the cancellations already went home for the night.

So we called in the morning, the same gentleman answered the phone and told us that we had to cancel the reservation online. Well, hell, we were already on the road, why didn't he tell us that last night? So I have a family member cancel it online, and after going through that process it said we had to call the hotel to cancel. Great.

After calling the hotel back, a lady answered, very unprofessional and rude. She told us to call the 1-800 number on the Orbitz website. After going through Orbitz customer service, I finally spoke with a representative who told us we had to contact the hotel. After explained to the customer service guy what we had gone through, he contacted the hotel.

After waiting on hold yet again, he replied that the reservation was canceled but we would still have to pay for the room because we did not cancel 24 hours in advance. WTF. Remember the night before he told us we would NOT be charged. Even if he intended to charge us, why would he not explain that to us in the first place instead of going through all the BS we did to have someone else tell us what he should have.

Absolutely furious, I called the hotel and asked why. When I mentioned that he had said last night that we wouldn't be charged, the man at the front desk responded with a "whatever" and hung up. After waiting a few minutes to calm down a called yet again, and a woman answered the phone. I told her I had been calling all morning and she responded with "ok, ok, ok, you win we won't charge you jeez." and then proceeded to hang up.

Sure enough, after staying at another hotel, the Motel 6 down the street (which was excellent by the way), following up the next morning with the credit card company it turns out we had indeed been charged.

What a headache.

For those to lazy to read -

Unprofessional, rude, lazy, lying staff - stay as far away as possible.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank I_hate_Edelweiss