“To the Houston guy and the guy mad at him”
Review of Landa Park

Landa Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Park that features paddleboats and train rides; great for families.
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I think the Houston reviewer has mistakin Landa Park for somewhere else. Landa park does not have camping sites. It's a day use park geared toward families. Nice and shady with a crystal clear river. There are wading areas for the little ones. One area has a olympic size pool and a swimming area in part of the river. The area you can swim in is part of the river so there are deep and shallow parts of it. Definetly not a good place for those who can't swim. (like the other family from Houston) But there are shallow parts for anyone wanting a dip. There are also parts of the river you are not supposed to get in. In that area there are paddle boats and lots of ducks.

There is a littlle train and at the station they sell ice cream and drinks. It is a real pretty setting and makes for great picture taking. I've been going to Landa Park for close to 40 years and it is still as clean as I ever remember it.

2  Thank 5150leroy
There are newer reviews for Landa Park

Reviewed August 3, 2009

Loved this place. The kids and I ended up here after tiring of the lines at Schlitterbahn. The spring fed pool with decks, slide, zip-line and rope swing was a blast.

Reviewed July 29, 2009

My wife and son vistied and went in to wade in the river just behind the park. We almost drowned not being warned by anyone of the deep areas and drop offs in the river. Signs need to be posted where the water is deep. They also need better lifeguards who will pay attention to those calling for help. It was by the grace of God that after we came up that a small boy had a tube floating in the same area and all three of us were able to hang on to it.

5  Thank Ernestgrace
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I'm sorry' but in several places I've been. It is in almost all instances that their is with charicteristic consistancy a flow of negative derived from the HOUSTON area. I understand this is based on oppinion, but in almost every area that requires an oppinion of a place or city, the negativaty comes from houston. I am an employee of Mercedes Benz Boerne( San Antonio) I understand not every houstonian obtains this negative trait..Its almost a sickness....so this does not apply to the good residents. I've vacationed in chicago, san diego, los angelas, new york, bahamas, puerto rico, dallas, austin but out of all places I have had the worst experiences in houston and I have kept them to myself until now. Their are very beutiful attractons in and around houston area but almost everywhere I go in houston they great you with a hello....But with a streight face not even a smile...almost as if they don't wan't to be their. This poster is the type of person that just want's to hear possatives about houston yet cannot extend courtesy to a small town offering what little but beatiful and pure attractions they offer so that families can come and have fun. If any place is a HORRIBLE (to use this posters words is).. THIS POSTER whome the beatiful city of houston has the downfall of having them a resident. If this place was so bad , why is this the only post written in this nature..........

Reviewed August 13, 2008

We would have spent more time here if we had planned it, but we did go paddleboating and we had a GREAT time. The Comal river was clear and I would have liked to check out the pool there-it looked like a lot of fun. The only negative thing I found was that this place was PACKED with locals, so be prepared for a crowd (just like everywhere else.)

3  Thank Lisserlou