“Wustfest!”
Review of Landa Park

Landa Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Park that features paddleboats and train rides; great for families.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We just got back from Wurstfest. It was fantastic! Yes you will see lots of crazy people but the place is huge, the water is crystal clear and it's very clean. We had a great time @ Landa Park!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We recently visited Landa park for Wurstfest. It is held for ten days in November. It's a germanfest type celebration and was truly relaxing and fun. I don't do festivals for many reasons. First, they usually involve drunks and disorderlies. Grant it we were there early and people were guzzling the booze but no one was unruly and the gathering was festive. The second reason I steer clear of festivals is because of my celiac or gluten intolerance. Well don't make that a reason to steer clear. There was gluten free beer and gluten free meats as well as chips. Ask the vendors they will be happy to answer your celiac questions. I'm so intolerant that I can't touch gluten even with my hands. I successfully ate sausage, chips and had some beers without an inch of trouble. So go be german for a day, enjoy the foods because wurst is the best. There are rides and fun for the kiddos as well.

7  Thank gwenbraum
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have been to Landa Park hundreds of times throughout the years and have always found it to be filled with beauty and relaxation. The park has significant historical significant to the founding of the city of New Braunfels and even prior as a meeting ground for Native American Tribes. We so enjoy going to Wurstfest every year and hearing the marvelous music and enjoying the wonderful food. I hope Landa Park is kept as a reminder of the beauty that once was the Texas Hill Country. The Park contains the shortest river in the United States, The Comal River.

1  Thank Emil F
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went to the aquatic center at Landa Park and my kids really enjoyed it. To me, there is not much to do, a big slide in the "deep" part of the water and a smaller one in shallow water for the kids who can't swim. There is a little pool for the really little kids also. There is also a rope to swing into the deep water for the "older" kids. The price to get in is inexpensive. I think it was like 3 bucks a person. It gets way too crowded on the weekends though, so you have to go early to get a spot. We rode the train before going in and the younger kids enjoyed that. Overall, it is a fun place to go.

1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Landa Parks is a beautiful and relaxing place. The Comal Springs and the start of the Comal River are gorgeous. Picnic areas are plentiful and a small train runs on most weekends. Near the Comal Springs is a nature trail into Panther Canyon. I only rated Landa Park "Very Good" instead of "Excellent" for two reasons. First, some of the park was damaged in a flood well over a year ago and the city has been slow to repair the park. Second, on really busy weekends the park attracts people who view this beautiful place as their trash can and litter is very heavy. The city needs to fix the park and crackdown on those who don't take care of it.

1  Thank jrhales77