See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2015

This place was horrible i would never stay there again. The location was nice right on the river but id rather drive into town and stay at a hotel before i go there again. The owners are extremely rude. They know nothing about customer service or customer satisfaction. We rented a cabin that slept 8-10 by the road,as soon as we unpacked we noticed three outlets were not working and reported it to management which was never address the entire weekend. Friday evening we paid for a 3 hour river trip, they dropped us off and said its a hour and a half and when its done then they wil take us back for the second hour and a half. when we completed the first part the refused to take us back the owner stated he saw a few of us standing in the water so we couldnt float anymore. we asked for money back for the second part that we didnt not get to enjoy and they refused to give us any refund.There tubes were also 20.00 per tube and 18 for cooler tube. when across the street where we went saturday was 18.00 per tube and 10.00 per cooler tube. we were suppose to have our trash picked up everyday there and they never came by to pick up our trash we took our trash to the dumpster ourselves all weekend. The showers are closed daily from 1-7pm for cleaning, which is crazy because they only have 2 showers and they never looked clean the entire weekend. Also one of the showers didnt have any light the entire weekend so you showered in the dark. Even other business's onthe river would ask where we are staying and when we told them billy goats gruffy they would make a face and say "how is that going" or they said "i hear they drive off alot of people" .. so yeah im done if you want to have a great weekend, not get shafted on your money or complete river experience then i recommend DO NOT STAY HERE !!!!!!

Room Tip: save yourselves the hassel and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
6  Thank Lisa C
goattx, Owner at Billy Goat's Gruff Campground, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2016

First of all, thanks to all of our customers on the Guadalupe in 2015, it was a great float, for most of the year and we survived two floods, and high water. Thank you for your business. Looking forward to a great 2016 season!

Now to address Lisa C and others from Google reviews Manuel N., Yvonne M,
Garcia 2615, Rueben G.

First, no outlets were reported broken directly to management or we would have tried to repair them. Your tube trip would have taken around three hours if, as we witnessed, your men pulling your tubes down the river! Its a FLOAT not a PULL! Since they pulled it made your trip shorter duh. Also we do not let drunk people float in the dark for safety reasons. So after your pull trip, the drunk ladies started yelling at me, called me names, ie hillbilly, and almost hit me. I should have kicked you out of my property but the men convinced me to let the ladies stay. I will chalk that up to experience. Also our tube rates are generally competitive with all outfitters and we have tubes with the headrest and cup holder. The showers this year were generally never closed this year from 1-7. The sign is there for our discretion. We have some take outs and we try very hard to keep them clean for our guests. Yes, sand gets on the floor, you are camping next to a river. Again if a light bulb is out, guests please notify us so it can be replaced. We also try to keep up with the trash but your group shoved 16 people in a 10 guest room and your trash was overwhelming. Btw the dumpster was only 40 ft away.

Yvonne M.
A dingy shack eh? A professional cleaning crew cleans after every stay. Also they are not full size beds they are all queen bunks that only sleeps 10 in one air conditioned room that your group shoved 16 into. Again baths were never closed and were cleaned twice daily. We will be installing a dish wash sink to wash dishes. WOW a hill in hill country!!!!! and oh noooo mr bill, raccoons on the river plz. Also there were no extra charges popping up. All of the charges were explained to Garcia2615, especially the $100 clean up fee for trashing out your area and dumping hot ashes and tortillas into the flower planter and thanks for killing our flowers. We hope that all the other campground owners read this and be warned of these people that will try to scam you by adding on guests and try not to pay, btw we have attorneys also, and again thanks for killing our plants.

Manuel N. (google review)
You came on memorial day weekend when there was a flood, the river was closed because of the high cfs, (cubic feet per second) Duh! I don't even think meth heads can spell cfs. The baths were never closed this year from 1-7 as per our discretion as described above and are cleaned every day. Parking is free, repeat parking is free per our rules to keep vehicles down. The rule per our website is 1 free parking pass for every four prepaid guests, whatever I have addressed this so many times blah, blah, blah.
Now the REAL story. That particular day the river was closed due to flooding. We let our staff go as there was the flood and as an owner did not want them standing around doing nothing and getting paid for it. So later in the day the river calmed down and some outfitters were tubing and open. I told you were to go to float because we were understaffed and what did your group do??? You took it upon yourselves to steal, MY tubes, out of MY trailer and tube down the river with MY tubes for free. Insult to injury my. I should have had you arrested for stealing MY property! You got lucky dude for just being thrown out of MY camp!

Reviewed June 27, 2015

Surprised to see all the bad reviews on here. I go to Billy Goats almost every year and absolutely love it. Yes the campsite is kinda small but there is plenty of room for a good time. Actually leaving this week to be down there for the 4th (hope the river is open!) with a big group and I can't wait!! People don't understand why they close the bathrooms during the day! ITS TO HELP YOU! I don't want trashed bathrooms and showers so I appreciate the fact they close them to outside drunk guest. Cant wait to see y'all in a few days!

Chance

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Way over priced and the people that run this sorry crap are rude and crazy. We will never go back! Restrooms and showers should be open to the people that stay at the campsite. We paid for 2 nights and left the next day......

• Stayed: August 2014
9  Thank Leelee1972
goattx, General Manager at Billy Goat's Gruff Campground, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2014

As stated in previous reviews: We are comparable in price to most other camps on river road
and we close the restrooms to clean them - typically when most of the camp is out tubing, there are porta pottys to use, that are kept clean as well. And with that attitude everybody was glad you left, you brought the negativity to the camp - cray/cray!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Brooke and her husband were wonderfully nice to my family and I. The over noise and out of control people were not to be found....of course you had your few peeps that were up all night partying but hey it's the 4th...what else is expected!??!! If you are not in to having a great time, meeting new people or relaxing in the river then this great place is NOT for YOU!! We appreciated everything the owners did and even shared a few laughs with them. I will be coming back!! THANK YOU TO THE OWNERS FOR THE FUN DELIGHT FOR MY KIDS AND FAMILY!
-I only have 1 recommendation...outside the cabins it would be awesome to have water spigots but other than that sweet setup ;-)

THANKS AGAIN!

Nicole

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
goattx, Owner at Billy Goat's Gruff Campground, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2014

Happy you stayed and enjoyed the 4th. Sorry that spigot was temp out of order.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Had a blast. Owners were very friendly. They will go out of their way to make sure your comfortable. Its small campground but very enjoyable. Perfect place to party on the river and meet new people. Hubby and I will be going back.

• Stayed: June 2014

Yes we are small and that makes us rather unique, especially when everybody is respectful. Glad you had fun!!!!