“State Troopers here have a chip on their shoulder and treated everyone at our camp site like criminals!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lazy L and L Campground and Store

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Lazy L and L Campground and Store
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

The New owner is horrible. We have a huge group of 12 families that camp at L&L atleast TWICE a year and have so for MANY years! We noticed things began to change when the owner changed. This Labor day weekend we as many other times and years gathered again with many kids from 4 years old to adults. For the FIRST time EVER, we felt unwelcomed from the First day we arrived. One of the State troopers, with no identification AT ALL on him, had the audacity to put a flash light to the throat of one of our friends, for no reason at all! The same trooper the following day told us things like "shut the f*(k up", "try me" this guy was so cocky and antagonizing everyone in our camp! There is absolutely no reason for this type of attitude and when we spoke to the owner, well he was worst! Racist attitude and VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! They made 12 families with CHILDREN leave their campsite in the middle of the night with NO were to go! We did find a great place and it's not L&L!!

We will never go to Lazy L&L and I would encourage anyone who does NOT want to be bullied or have a cocky State Trooper (Unidentified as a trooper by the way) AND Owner in your face all the time DO NOT GO to Lazy L&L! The worst place, I PRAY they get a new owner SOME day!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
      Rooms
5 Thank vcan2rod

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

Of course managment will review this entry and NOT post it! However, I am going to copy and paste it where it WILL get posted. I have family in town at the Lazy L&L. I would love to take the short drive down from San Antonio and visit with them, but I must pay a 25 dollar camping fee plus the cost of toobing! I get the toobing cost, you should rent equipment if you don't have your own. If I park and only toob, but not visit afterward, I must still pay a parking fee of 10 dollars. Maybe I'm in the wrong business because some greedy grubber is raking it in! Thanks for nothing and I will advise my family NOT to come back! -Disappointed

• Stayed August 2010
4 Thank BudWoodrum
Grapevine, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

My wife and I, our three children...ages 11, 8, and 5 visited L & L in July. We shared a tent campsite with her sister and her husband and their three kids....ages 16, 12, and 2. So there were 10 of us in all. When we first arrived, on a Tuesday, we were impressed by the pretty views of the Guadalupe River and hospitality. The campsites are a little small and close to the river, but it was not all that busy and seemed pretty quiet. That was the first night. More people arrived the second night so it was a little louder. They were mostly couples or college aged kids but we were not overly concerned because they advertise that there is a strictlly enforced "quiet time" from midnight to 8am. Things were a little more wild the second night but we are not prudish and realize it is a campground so it was not a huge deal. The third night things really became clear what the park is about. We left Thursday morning for Schlitterbaun and returned late that afternoon. We were shocked to return to a huge loud party atmosphere. Loud music, tons of alcohol and drunk individuals running around from campsite to campsite, cussing, etc. The trailer site next to us...we were the first campsite next to them....was hugely offensive. From 7pm on they were falling down drunk, blaring their music, cussing loudly, and talking about going skinnydipping, flashing, etc. and didn't care AT ALL that all of our children were 15 feet away hearing everything. And they were not the exceptions. We still held onto the hope that at midnight they would have to stop due to the "quiet rule"....they didn't. We politely asked them if they would mind being quieter because our kids were trying to sleep. They were quiet for about 3 minutes then got louder. We never saw any enforcement of the rules and even more importantly there was only a recording when we tried to call the office for help. The last straw was when a neighbor camping on the other side of us came by and let us know that a man walked right past her into the bathroom showers and joined a woman that was already in the stall! Overall, we were left to feel that this is just your typical party hangout....which is fine....as long as you realize that. It comes across as seeming to be a great place for families with younger to teenage kids....but it definitely is not! I actually still would have rated the place average if they enforced their rules...but that is pretty important...especially to families!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank terbell
private
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed at Lazy L and L 2 nights last summer. Overall we had a really good time. The staff was super nice and they had everything we needed during our stay. The campsites were really big. We had 2 sites which was enough room for 4 tents, 4 cars, and extra space for our canopy, table, chairs, etc. I would recommend this place to everyone. It was a little sandy, but the staff did spray the roads to try to keep it down some. There were plenty of bathrooms, and the showers were very convenient and clean. I can't say we had a complaint! There was some people having a family reunion and I think that is an awesome idea!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank BeachBumMom4Life
DFW, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

My wife and I are finishing up our third stay here at L&L....writing this review using their wireless internet connection. Each stay has been 2 weeks before Memorial Day weekend. Nice and accomodating staff, clean park and restrooms, no issues with fellow campers, great place to put in the river (toobs or raft), quick shuttle response back to park (4 hour float to put out). Will be coming back again and again. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuck-in-Texas
texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

I came to the river with 24 others. The ages were 17 to 50. There was a man on the campsite across from us that was drunk and messed up on drugs we were told by his friends. He wouldn't stay out of our campsite and kept staring and talking to one of the girls at our site. We went to the office to get help before trouble started and they did nothing. There was a fight because the office did nothing, then about midnight they came around and said all lights out. We were worried about sleeping due to the guy across from us coming back since we had more issues with him. The people at the office and security were very rude and offer no assistance when needed. The only good thing about this campground is the location. The shuttle was a joke along with the rules. I also work with the government and was not breaking any rules but they seem to try to push people around not only us.

• Stayed July 2008
2 Thank TexasKandy
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

We have been going to Lazy L & L Campgrounds since my girls were 3 and 5. They are now 21 and 24. Yes, they have grown up on vacations here at the River. We have never had a problem with the place. Maybe some of the campers, but that was always taken care of. It's a party place during the holidays. Lots of parties! Lots of beer! Lots of jello shots! ( I made 500 of them this year) It's a great place to go. Yes, the police and sheriff do drive through. They keep people in check. It's one of the deepest parts of the river, so even though the water was really low, it was still high enough to float right there where we were camping. I always recommend camping here. It holds tons of campers with it's unlimited overflow as well as reservations in campsites. The cleanup boys, work their butts off too! We meet some of the most wonderful people here, and keep them as friends for the future years of toobing. It's a tradition for us. We will always stay here. They call you by name if they remember it, and they always have a smile or a nice word. Not grumpy old people. Most camping facilities will not let you use your own equipment, Lazy L & L does. We have some of our original toobs, and they are still floating, so I'll keep taking them until they pop. Otherwise, of course you can rent them. Yes, they have shuttles to whatever dropoffs or pickups you want, within reason, and time. For a small charge. The store is always stocked, lots of ice, lots of drink. They really care for their place. And I appreciate that. Thanks Lazy L & L Campgrounds!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
#19 of 29 in New Braunfels
Hideout on the Horseshoe
Hideout on the Horseshoe
#6 of 14 in Canyon Lake

Been to Lazy L and L Campground and Store? Share your experiences!