“Unwarranted negative reviews!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Braunfels
Lazy L and L Campground and Store
Reviewed April 29, 2012

It stuns me that people will post such negative reviews about this campground. I've stayed multiple nights on three occasions, and I've always been pleased with management. On two of those occasions, I've not been so pleased with the disrespectful guests who give no thought about others in the campground, and then complain when management asks them to leave or prohibits their further disruption. This campground has prime access to the beautiful, cool Guadalupe where "toobing" is the coveted relaxing sport of the area. Being close to San Antonio and Austin, it is naturally very popular, The Lazy L&L have done their best to accommodate as many people as possible. With crowds come rules and restrictions. Their management makes every effort to please their guests, including throwing people out when they disregard the rules and disrupt other campers. I'm a grandmother who loves to camp, and I truly appreciate the great effort LLL management puts in to making my stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dodi L

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We have stayed at Lazy L & L three times now as Winter Texans. Our first and second experiences were for one month each and the current stay has been for 4 months. This is a very well run, clean and well laid out park located along the Guadeloupe River. The sites are large and spaced with a very comfortable area between each site. Most sites have shade trees. Internet wifi service has been excellent everywhere in the park and recently upgraded with fibre optics.

The owners take pride in their park and go out of their way to ensure we have a very pleasant time here. The recreation hall is nicely appointed with a kitchen, pool table, table tennis, many tables and chairs and a large screen TV. There is an exercise room and a reading room. The laundry is kept very clean with 3 washers and 4 dryers. The owners arrange and participate in many activities and outings for the Winter Texans.

This is a great park that we highly recommend!

March 19, 2012-03-19

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I don't know why there are so many negative reviews on here, this campsite is GREAT! There is nothing wrong with it, all of the people that work here are VERY nice and respectful. I have stayed here 3 different times and never had a problem. 2 of those 3 times have been with a group of 20-30 people, too. Keep in mind all of the people that enjoyed their stay probably aren't on here, only complainers get on these websites to try and make the company look bad. I am on here to set the record straight - this place is GREAT for floating and camping. I will be going back every year until I get too old to float! :-)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank devilsangel7681
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My girlfriends and I went to the Lazy L&L for the long weekend. After reading the reviews we were very nervous as we had never been there before! Other than it being difficult to find no issues! We were not obnoxiously loud, but loud for sure and no issues! we even had tons of people at our site playing cards and beer pong etc. and no issues. Of course right when we got there, I went to all of our neighbors and explained that we were there for a girls trip and if we got too obnoxious and loud to please let us know. They never said anything but a few of the neighbors actually visited the festivities... One night one of the officers came to our site and asked us to turn off the radio, but not an issue with that. They staff was excellent and the site was clean and spacious! We are returning again in Sept and will continue to go back for all of our long weekends. We met some of the coolest and nicest people there!
We absolutely loved the dock area and Devils Playground was the perfect place to spend the day and socialize with everyone! Great shaded spots in the river to set your chair and chill!
LOVED IT!

1  Thank JennD0711
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I read these reviews and was fearful of coming; however, friends guaranteed me I would be satisfied and I definately was happy I came. I'm guessing these bad reviews are from the riff raff that make camping uncomfortable for others. The Management was extremely friendly and accomodating. The grounds are beautiful with deer all around the area. There is a great covered dance area with lots of tables, great food, cool breeze and great band. This was one of the most fun places I've visited and would suggest it to all! Can't wait to make it a regular trip.

1  Thank happycampter0402
Reviewed June 28, 2011

First off, this is my first trip to L&L and so I wanted to read the reviews to see what people were saying. I was definitely skeptical after what I read but, I always like to see for myself instead of just going based on other peoples opinions. I would like to say that I was very happy I went and will most definitely be returning. I don't know what happened to those people in the negative reviews but, I can tell you I didn't have one bad experience. We stayed at campsite 44 and 45, 5 people were in our group ranging in ages 25-37 and the location was great. We arrived on Friday, the campgrounds were clean along with the restrooms and showers, there were families, seniors, people of all ages. They have a nice little general store that's open until midnight, you have the option of tubing with L&L, they had a band on Friday and Saturday night at the new pavillion and were serving food and beer and at 12:30 the sheriff's came around and made sure all radios weren't loud and no one was being obnoxious and unruley. I had no problem sleeping and I met a lot of nice people, they just talked to you like you were their neighbor and even offered what they had on the grill. I had a great experience and I would say try L&L camp ground for yourself and I hope you have a great time like I did.

1  Thank stepd57
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We travled with a large group ranging from 16 years old to late 40s. We chose it because we had an awful time at another camground the year before and looked for a place that had noise restrictions. They advertised a "strictly enforced" quiet time. Well, I expected that people might test that rule, what I didn't expect was the absence of enforcement. At 2.am after complaining about the blaring loud radio and the drunken screaming next to us, the camp send police officers over and asked them to keep it down. Both nights that we were there, we were unable to get to sleep until after 3am each night. But, I imagine it wasn't too fun for them either. Who wants to go for a weekend of partying and camp next to a large group of people expecting a quiet night and then have the cops try to break up your party each night and to have your neighbors always complaining to you. Lazy L&L should pick one . . . quiet time, or party place. Trying to play both sides is really not working.

• Stayed: May 2011