“Affordable clean room good location”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Dallas
“Affordable clean room good location”
Reviewed November 8, 2004

My husband and I just got back from staying at the Roadway Inn for Wurstfest. The room was a plain "vanilla" hotel room, the sheets were clean, as were the towels. We didn't experience any police activity or loud music, but we did visit during slow season. The ceiling needed to be dusted, but that is not a huge deal to us.

The location of the hotel was a bonus to us, right of 35 there was a McDonalds right next door, a Wendy's and a Skillet restaurant. If we take kids next time, those will really come in handy. The hotel had a small continental breakfast with juice, cereal and milk, waffles and muffins. The staff was nice, and since I booked online I didn't have any issues with being charged twice. The hotel has wireless internet but we didn't use it. The fridge in the room did come in handy, the bath tub had jets but it was still a standard sized tub, not a garden tub.

If you are looking for a unique boutique type hotel, this isn't the place for you. If you like fancy, probably not either. We were looking for an affordable, clean, vanilla room, and this one fit the bill. We would stay there again. I didn't see Wurstfest on the attractions list, but it was worth the visit.

5 Thank Mrs_Funsize

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed August 19, 2004

I thought they have a great pool and Free breakfast and nice gameroom for kids. The hotel could be updated a little but considering the fact it seems to have been there a while it was clean the staff was very friendly and helpfull. I too noticed the police there and was little concered however I spoke with the officer and he siad that believe it or not the cops are called out to all resort and hotels in this area more often than you would think. THe problem is Visitors that come to the area! I did ralize that was the case as I stayed through the weekend! I give this staff and community in that case hands down for the behavior they put up with!

Reviewed July 18, 2004

We requested a non smoking room, and when we arrived, we received an awful smelling smoking room. The sheets had holes in them, hair was all in the bathroom, one of the lamp cords were cut, no clock, no hair dryer, no iron and the air conditioner did not work properly. We requested a room change and received a non smoking room. The room had a better smell, but everything else was comparable. When we requested a iron and a hair dryer, we were told they did not provide hair dryers and did not have any more irons to give out. The room did not have a coffee maker and we were told they had no coffee makers either. The staff members were rude, the breakfast was horrible, and housekeeping was minimal. Each night we stayed in New Braunfels, the local law enforcement were seen in the parking lot attempting to contain the chaos in the pool, lobby, rooms, parking lot, etc. We checked out and opted to stay some where else. I am still trying to correct the charges to my credit card. Next time I will pay a few dollars more and stay at another location.

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Reviewed July 14, 2004

What a DUMP!! This is the worst place I have ever stayed. They repair nothing. We tripped over the king size bed frames on a queen size bed. The bathtub did not drain. The doors (we had 2 rooms)
had been jimmied top and bottom. There was no
chain lock on one door. One table was disassembled with the hardware laying on the pedestal. We had one towel and one washcloth per room. Our reservations clearly stated three people to a room. The rooms STUNK.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2004

This place was very nasty... it smelled awful and apparently is known to the locals to be a popular hang-out for the seedy types. I did not feel safe here and as far as I'm concerned, the price was definitely not worth it.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Worth
Reviewed March 31, 2004

It isn't the nicest place but worth the price. It is a good place for kids. They have a nice breakfast and convenient location. The kids loved the gameroom.

4 Thank Sherrydb41
Reviewed February 10, 2004

I cannot even imagine the filth I had to deal with. The young lady working the front desk was very undertrained, rude, vulgar. I have never heard of a place renting exact same rooms at different rates, just because one is upstairs and the other one is downstairs. I could not even stand in the room for a minute. After arguing with the deskclerk for a good 30 minutes, I finally got my refund back. Instead I went next door to the Motel 6. I received a fresh, clean, cheaper room with a professional attitude. I will definitely not stay at Rodeway Inn during my next visit to Schlitterbahn.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member