“Horrible experience”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed July 18, 2004

We requested a non smoking room, and when we arrived, we received an awful smelling smoking room. The sheets had holes in them, hair was all in the bathroom, one of the lamp cords were cut, no clock, no hair dryer, no iron and the air conditioner did not work properly. We requested a room change and received a non smoking room. The room had a better smell, but everything else was comparable. When we requested a iron and a hair dryer, we were told they did not provide hair dryers and did not have any more irons to give out. The room did not have a coffee maker and we were told they had no coffee makers either. The staff members were rude, the breakfast was horrible, and housekeeping was minimal. Each night we stayed in New Braunfels, the local law enforcement were seen in the parking lot attempting to contain the chaos in the pool, lobby, rooms, parking lot, etc. We checked out and opted to stay some where else. I am still trying to correct the charges to my credit card. Next time I will pay a few dollars more and stay at another location.

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed July 14, 2004

What a DUMP!! This is the worst place I have ever stayed. They repair nothing. We tripped over the king size bed frames on a queen size bed. The bathtub did not drain. The doors (we had 2 rooms)
had been jimmied top and bottom. There was no
chain lock on one door. One table was disassembled with the hardware laying on the pedestal. We had one towel and one washcloth per room. Our reservations clearly stated three people to a room. The rooms STUNK.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Reviewed April 18, 2004

This place was very nasty... it smelled awful and apparently is known to the locals to be a popular hang-out for the seedy types. I did not feel safe here and as far as I'm concerned, the price was definitely not worth it.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Worth
Reviewed March 31, 2004

It isn't the nicest place but worth the price. It is a good place for kids. They have a nice breakfast and convenient location. The kids loved the gameroom.

4 Thank Sherrydb41
Reviewed February 10, 2004

I cannot even imagine the filth I had to deal with. The young lady working the front desk was very undertrained, rude, vulgar. I have never heard of a place renting exact same rooms at different rates, just because one is upstairs and the other one is downstairs. I could not even stand in the room for a minute. After arguing with the deskclerk for a good 30 minutes, I finally got my refund back. Instead I went next door to the Motel 6. I received a fresh, clean, cheaper room with a professional attitude. I will definitely not stay at Rodeway Inn during my next visit to Schlitterbahn.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these New Braunfels hotels
Ramada New Braunfels
Ramada New Braunfels
#15 of 32 in New Braunfels
Americas Best Value Inn - New Braunfels / San Antonio
Americas Best Value Inn - New Br...
#27 of 32 in New Braunfels
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#24 of 32 in New Braunfels
Baymont Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Braunfels
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites New Bra...
#18 of 32 in New Braunfels

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn

Property: Rodeway Inn
Address: 1209 S State Highway 46, New Braunfels, TX 78130-2718
Location: United States > Texas > New Braunfels
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Rodeway Inn 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rodeway Inn New Braunfels