“smelly dim poor excuse for a rodeway inn”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
The Hills TX
“smelly dim poor excuse for a rodeway inn”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

1 non smoking room stunk of old smoke
The beds had no mattress covers, and were lumpy and bouncy as well. pubes in shower on walls and on toilet, coffeemaker looked moldy. The TV microwave and fridge wire all plugged into an extent ion cord meant for a lamp or two.
Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mikeyTheHillsTX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Last year this is the very last place i would have stayed but they have really cleaned the place up. However the beds are hard pillows are flat we got what we paid for. However they have a little breakfast worthTexas shaped waffles that just made my day. Biggest complaint is that i stayed two days one week apart and the priced went up or they over charged me the second time.

• Stayed September 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had nice stay. quite comfortable, everything worked fine, its in one of good location, everything is nearby.good value coz other hotels were charging more than 200 bucks,,,, one of the thing i would prefer if they have Bar on site,,,

Room Tip: ask for courtyard view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are old and dirty with dead bugs.
The pool was dirty too. We were so hot that my husband had to clean it before we went in. We wouldn't stay here again. Spend a little more and find a better place especially if you are traveling with kids. The front desk staff was nice.

• Stayed August 2012

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at Rodeway Inn Memorial Day weekend (May 2012). A friend said he'd stayed there before and it was decent. Obviously things had changed quite a bit. This was the single most nastiness place I've ever set foot in. The building was in major disrepair, the staff was not helpful and overcharged, the room was completely disgusting, the landscaping had gone wild and was full of weeds and trash, and there were random people "hanging out" around at odd hours. It just didn't feel like a safe place.

The carpet in our room was so filthy, I only walked on it with flip flops and not bare feet. The comforter and lamp shade had holes/burns in them, the chair was black from stains and the shower curtain rod was falling out of the wall.

I'm ok with "roughing it" and don't have to stay in a 5 star hotel. But this place was so competely repulsive, I had to write a review. We would have changed motels, but since it was a holiday weekend, everything was booked up solid. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank G-Fergs
Ganado, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have been staying at Roadway for several years and can't complain about the rooms or the service but this last time I had my vehicle stolen. The security camera system is the pits. I also had some items taken from my room. I should have gotten a discount under the circumstances for an early check out just as a courtesy but did not.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I booked 3 rooms for family of 3. 1 Family stopped earlier and stayed more than 1 night and they were calling and complaining to me as soon as they walked into the door. They said, wow, this is the worst rodeway Inn they ever stayed at. They were expecting more. I told them the price was great and it covered breakfast, but I did wish that the quality will be a bit better than Motel 6 or Travelodge.
Anyway, we arrived late so it was dark. We got our room quickly and walked in. Our bed was uneven, 1 leg broke. But we did not want to make a fuss of it. I walked barefoot from the door to the restroom and when I looked at the bottom of my feet, it was pitch black! I was shocked. I immediately banned my kids to take off their shoes (we are asian). Then we tried our best to sleep, the bed was not comfy, very thin sheet and dirty looking blanket. It was a long night...
Breakfast we tried to make the best of it. We got milk, boiled eggs, coffee, we are easy to please. The dining room is as good as camping ground main dining place. My advice is, If you are not desperate, do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family