“Don't do it!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in New Braunfels
“Don't do it!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are old and dirty with dead bugs.
The pool was dirty too. We were so hot that my husband had to clean it before we went in. We wouldn't stay here again. Spend a little more and find a better place especially if you are traveling with kids. The front desk staff was nice.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
McKinney, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed at Rodeway Inn Memorial Day weekend (May 2012). A friend said he'd stayed there before and it was decent. Obviously things had changed quite a bit. This was the single most nastiness place I've ever set foot in. The building was in major disrepair, the staff was not helpful and overcharged, the room was completely disgusting, the landscaping had gone wild and was full of weeds and trash, and there were random people "hanging out" around at odd hours. It just didn't feel like a safe place.

The carpet in our room was so filthy, I only walked on it with flip flops and not bare feet. The comforter and lamp shade had holes/burns in them, the chair was black from stains and the shower curtain rod was falling out of the wall.

I'm ok with "roughing it" and don't have to stay in a 5 star hotel. But this place was so competely repulsive, I had to write a review. We would have changed motels, but since it was a holiday weekend, everything was booked up solid. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank G-Fergs

Travelers are raving about these New Braunfels hotels

Ganado, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have been staying at Roadway for several years and can't complain about the rooms or the service but this last time I had my vehicle stolen. The security camera system is the pits. I also had some items taken from my room. I should have gotten a discount under the circumstances for an early check out just as a courtesy but did not.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I booked 3 rooms for family of 3. 1 Family stopped earlier and stayed more than 1 night and they were calling and complaining to me as soon as they walked into the door. They said, wow, this is the worst rodeway Inn they ever stayed at. They were expecting more. I told them the price was great and it covered breakfast, but I did wish that the quality will be a bit better than Motel 6 or Travelodge.
Anyway, we arrived late so it was dark. We got our room quickly and walked in. Our bed was uneven, 1 leg broke. But we did not want to make a fuss of it. I walked barefoot from the door to the restroom and when I looked at the bottom of my feet, it was pitch black! I was shocked. I immediately banned my kids to take off their shoes (we are asian). Then we tried our best to sleep, the bed was not comfy, very thin sheet and dirty looking blanket. It was a long night...
Breakfast we tried to make the best of it. We got milk, boiled eggs, coffee, we are easy to please. The dining room is as good as camping ground main dining place. My advice is, If you are not desperate, do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank swl1010
El Paso
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

My family and I stated for 2 nights. Check in is at 4pm which is a little late. Rooms are decent size, however the beds are small. They offer a small fridge and a microwave. They do have a pool outside which was a little small but my kids had a great time. Bathroom wall was a little moldy. Hotel offers a washer, however it is very old and dirty. (We had arrived from Corpus Christi and our clothes was full of sand from the beach, I normally wouldn't wash on my vacation, but there is a 24 hour laundrymat close by.) Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was nice. They offered regular continental breakfast and you could make your own Texas shaped waffles which does not take too long.
Our overall stay was good. Hotel is very close to Schlitterbauhn, which was our reason for the stay.
You get what you pay for...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mead, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

KEEP DRIVING! We rented a room for 2 nights and the service was terrible. We checked in and when we got to the room the first thing i noticed was the curtian would not shut. I tried several times to get it to close and ended up tying a rubber band around it so we could change. Then we returned to room to take shower and there was cracking tile and mold in floor around tub. That night we went to pool and it was so bad that my daughter started cleaning it so we could actually use it. went to bed latter that night and the pillows were flat and the beds hard. I excpected more for a choice hotel thats why i stayed there. The next morning we ate breakfast and the bread (only white bread) was in a plastic container. waffle iron was broke. no milk for the 2 kinds of ceral that they did have to offer. ask the attendant about milk and she stated that the manager was on their way with some we waited for 2 hours before the milk arrived to at least have ceral. will never stay at this hotel agian for the price i would rather stay at motel 6 than this choice hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Anita G
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Well all I can say is it's clean...
Blanket had holes, fridge and oven work,
(I think they are from the 70's),
Oh gotta mention breakfast... Texas shaped waffles....
Oh if u r there for water park.. make sure u get brochures... Buy one get one six flags, sea world all kids price plus extra day, and etc... Good deals in the flyers...

• Stayed July 2011