“Great experience!”

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels
Dallas, Texas
“Great experience!”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I recently took my 2 grandchildren, ages 10 and 14 to New Braunfels. We stayed in the Comfort Suites and had a great time. The people at the front desk were great and very helpful. The breakfast was also wonderful and lots of things to choose from. My grandson loved the Texas shaped waffles. The rooms were large and beds were comfortable. The room did smell a little musty and I noticed they used Fabreeze in the hallways which did help. No complaints and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Intern1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Antonio
Reviewed March 20, 2010

The hotel is a bit outdated. Although the room was facing the highway, we had no problems sleeping. Hot breakfast is offered by the hotel but I didn't see the location to make the waffles like there are at the other Comfort Inns I've been to. Hotel is near Schlitterbahn and between Selma and San Marcos. An okay hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank Sapa_Inca
Minneapolis, MN USA!
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Room was good sized and had a fridge and microwave. The hotel is right on HWY 35 and was too noisy to open the windows. The furniture was worn and a bit soiled but needed cleaning. No elevator or staff to help with luggage upstairs. Appeared clean, but saw a large 3" dead insect on the floor so I left it there...looks like it had been there for awhile. Nothing spectacular about this hotel in this city. It did have a lock box for your valuables at the front desk. Breakfast was very substantial.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2009

It is what it is - it is a Comfort Suites, not a Hyatt. But it does a good job - check-in was really friendly, rooms were quite spacious, clean and comfortable, wireless internet was fast. No complaints. I paid off season rates and found it to be an excellent value. At in-season rates of $150, I might have looked around a litle harder for something more charming. No elevator might have been an issue if we had had tons of luggage.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
San Dimas
Reviewed December 18, 2008

The only, and I mean only thing that I can say bad about this place is the same thing that I can say about all the New Braunfels hotels - and it is this. The windows won't open! They are sealed shut. I don't know if this is a city ordinance or what, but it really bugged me.

OK, that being said, this was a very nice place to stay. The bed was
a high quality, very comfortable mattress. I hear that the manager is meticulous, and replaces the beds ridiculously often. These people have pride in their place!

The staff was friendly. They even had a manger scene in the lobby around Christmas, which made the place feel like home to me.

Every morning they have a free breakfast for guests - they call it Savory Sensations. This is a full breakfast, including, for example, scrambled eggs mixed with sausage, orange juice, delicious coffee, sweet roles, apple juice, cereals, milk, etc... They even have a waffle iron to make waffles in the shape of the great state of Texas!

I really enjoyed my stay, and I'm sure I will return.

Hopefully when I go back, they will get the windows to at least open a couple of inches.

That's it!

• Liked — The breakfast every morning is awesome!!
  • Disliked — Windows won't open at all
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank iluvpizza
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We stayed here recently for one night during Wurstfest in New Braunfels. The hotel is clean, has a great location and provides more than your typical motel / hotel. Check-in was quick and easy and they offered free cookies. They've got free internet and hot cooked breakfast (sausage biscuit sandwiches - all you can eat) in the morning from 6am - 9am if you can wake up that early after a night out. The room was clean and everything worked fine. From the hotel, it's a quick shuttle or drive to Gruene, Wurstfest or tubing. We will stay again next year.

• Liked — Location, quick check-in, free perks
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kskrillz
Dallas
Reviewed August 22, 2008

We checked into the Comfort Suites and everything seemed alright excep that the room was a bit muggy. After unpacking and turning on the air conditioning, we went out to eat.

When we came back that evening the room was still muggy and slightly warm and I turned up the unit all the way to cold 10. I had promised the children that they could watch a pay per view movie when we got back but found out the the cable box was broken and no movies were available for our stay.

The beds were VERY uncomfortable (like sleeping on wood) and the pillows were very small. Around midnight, we realized the room was never going to cool down and called to ask to change rooms.

They quickly changed us into another room and the air conditioning was nice but the lights between the beds did not work and they apparently did not prep this room since there were no towels.

All in all, it was okay but feel like we spent too much money for our visit. We had recently stayed at the Hampton on Padre Island and that hotel was GREAT. We loved it and I wished that I had booked the Hampton in New Braunfels.

We plan to go back during the Christmas Season and though the people at Comfort Suites were really nice and accomodating, we won't stay there again unles they update some things.

• Liked — Larger rooms than most
  • Disliked — Out of date furnishings, air conditioner not working, pay per view movies not available.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family