Comfort Suites
$84
Hilton Garden Inn New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$112
$107
$89
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$149
$129
Fairfield Inn
Best Western Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$126
$112
BestWestern.com
Hampton Inn & Suites New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$144
$134
Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$219
Courtyard
Sleep Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$74
The Resort at Schlitterbahn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$325
Candlewood Suites New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
All reviewswafflescomfortable mattressbit outdatedfree hot breakfastfree internetsitting areawould stay here againhotel staffnice hotelroom ratepull out couchbooked this hotelsan antoniolocation is greatoff the highwayking suiteeasy access
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We stayed here recently for one night during Wurstfest in New Braunfels. The hotel is clean, has a great location and provides more than your typical motel / hotel. Check-in was quick and easy and they offered free cookies. They've got free internet and hot cooked breakfast (sausage biscuit sandwiches - all you can eat) in the morning from 6am - 9am if you can wake up that early after a night out. The room was clean and everything worked fine. From the hotel, it's a quick shuttle or drive to Gruene, Wurstfest or tubing. We will stay again next year.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kskrillz
Reviewed August 22, 2008

We checked into the Comfort Suites and everything seemed alright excep that the room was a bit muggy. After unpacking and turning on the air conditioning, we went out to eat.

When we came back that evening the room was still muggy and slightly warm and I turned up the unit all the way to cold 10. I had promised the children that they could watch a pay per view movie when we got back but found out the the cable box was broken and no movies were available for our stay.

The beds were VERY uncomfortable (like sleeping on wood) and the pillows were very small. Around midnight, we realized the room was never going to cool down and called to ask to change rooms.

They quickly changed us into another room and the air conditioning was nice but the lights between the beds did not work and they apparently did not prep this room since there were no towels.

All in all, it was okay but feel like we spent too much money for our visit. We had recently stayed at the Hampton on Padre Island and that hotel was GREAT. We loved it and I wished that I had booked the Hampton in New Braunfels.

We plan to go back during the Christmas Season and though the people at Comfort Suites were really nice and accomodating, we won't stay there again unles they update some things.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank alotascruggs
Reviewed August 16, 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in New Braunfels, TX on August 11-14, 2008 while on a family vacation. Overall, this hotel was just okay to us. I booked it based on it's #1 ranking on Tripadvisor, and was really not that impressed once I got there. The hotel seemed cleaned, but overall appearance is tired and dated. Furnishings were functional, but outdated and old looking. We stayed in a King suite, with one sofa sleeper. We could not use the sofa sleeper because the springs at the bottom of the bed were all broken, and the mattress would sink at the bottom. We reported this problem, and were told they were sorry, but not offered any other solutions. Luckily, we had an air mattress with us, and the kids slept on that. There was some type of problem with the phone lines being crossed, and we were getting lots of phone calls to our room. Hotel staff did not know what the problem was, and we finally had to unplug the phones to get some peace. We reported the problem, but the staff never followed up with us, until checkout. Also, this is a two-story hotel with no elevators. It was not that big of a problem for us, but I know that it could be for some others. Pool is small, but clean. Breakfast each morning was served from 6am-9am, and selection was decent. Between 8am-9am it was so crowded (very small area) that you could hardly get food, and find a place to sit. I think the hours should be extended till at least 10am in the summertime. After all, we were on vacation, and did not want to have to wake up so early to get breakfast. On the plus side, room had a mini-fridge, small microwave, coffeemaker. The king bed was pretty comfortable.

Overall, for the rate we paid ($70 per night) it was okay. I am not sure that I would stay here again in the future. I would most likely try another place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Tessa C
Reviewed August 13, 2008

We booked our stay through Expedia so we could take advantage of the free $25.00 gas card offer. When I arreived there I was checked in without any difficulties and was offerered fresh cookies. The only downside to this hotel is that there is no elevator, so if you have a lot of luggage, then be prepared to lug it around. The breakfast was just mediocre, but free, so I 'm not complaining. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2008

We love comfort suites and look for them when traveling, because they are a perfect fit for our family. We stayed at the New Braunfels Comfort Suites for 2 nights. I called the location directly rather than booking online, because the online reservation form was showing a maximum occupancy of 5 and we had 2 adults and 4 children, one of them being 2 years old at the time. The lady I spoke with assured me that would not be a problem. When we arrived we found that she had even put us in the upstairs end suite, which is just a bit larger than the other rooms. She explained that she thought we might appreciate a bit more privacy with the little one. Of course they may have put us there because they thought we would be loud (lol...we aren't), but either way it was a very nice room and we appreciated it.
The free breakfast was nice, as we have always found to be the case at Comfort Suites.
It was really not warm enough to swim yet, though we did visit the pool and let the kids take a quick dip. The pool area is clean and well kept, if rather bare. A few plants or something would add some interest and color :)
We thought the location was great! We spent the first day seeing sights around New Braunfels, then drove in to Fiesta Texas on the second day. The drive was not too far, and we really liked being out of all the hustle and bustle of San Antonio.
We definitely plan to stay at this location again!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family