“Lost Price and Clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in New Braunfels
Schulenburg, Texas
“Lost Price and Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Last minute stop and low price for 2 full size beds with sofa. Couldn't beat it. It was quite, kids had the pool to there selves during the afternoon, i guess everyone was the river so it worked out great. Breakfast my kids actually enjoyed but luckily we got there early because like most, the breakfast area filled up quick. Only problem which the staff fixed, popcorn bag got stuck in vending machine but she helped get it out right away so kids were happy. Husband said we would diffently stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My daughter, girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel the week of July 18th 2012. I found the appearance of both interior and exterior to be worn, of fair quality but certainly not exceptional. This hotel has two floors but no elevator. I found it that those who are local find this to be of no significance however when you are the one carrying the luggage it is quite annoying. The receptionist was responsive and polite. Breakfast was of the usual complimentary choices found with most hotel chains. My room was found to be clean but of a slight mildew odor. Since we had prepaid through hotel.com I was not in the mood to renegotiate this late. Our stay went without event why visiting the water park there. The problem came later after we left and charges start showing up on my credit card statement. I found a charge for $21.65. Not a large amount but certainly one of question. I called the hotel number and asked the receptionist what I was being charged for. I was told that a pillow came up missing. I disputed the charge, explained that I'm out of state, flew in and certainly no room for wanting a used pillow to take back on a air plane. The manager would not credit my charge card. I did find it odd that this hotel post by line item the cost of each item in the hotel room with a statement that the customer will be charged if any item(s) is found missing. I find this suspicious and wonder if this is a trend with this particular hotel. Since the price is in a grey area I wonder how many other “out of towners” been through this same issue but wrote it off as the cost is not worth the trouble…... I find this shady that an establishment such as this will take advantage of people who are out-of state. Beware if you choose to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Dodools
Stafford, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years and always found it acceptable. But my most recent stay was different. We were gone from the hotel for almost an entire day, and upon returning to the room discovered the door propped open. We had left valuable electronics in the room. Fortunately they were still there, but this is INEXCUSABLE in my opinion, to leave a paying guest this vulnerable to theft. Later that night the toilet became stopped up. I called the front desk and the clerk there told me that he was not allowed to leave the front desk and that I would have to come down for a plunger. I might have been able to overlook this if it had not been for the earlier door problem. But because of that, I was infuriated that I also had to fix the toilet problem myself. I did report these things to the manager in the morning, who said she would investigate the problems and gave me a 10% discount on the rooms. Considering that my valuables were left open by hotel employees to possible theft, and I had to be hotel maintenance, this was not nearly enough compensation, but better than nothing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank percolator
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I chose this hotel for a quick overnight stop with my mom. I have stayed in multiple Choice properties, and this was by far not the best; however, it served the purpose of space compared to other properties in the area.

The outside of the property looks worn, particularly compared to the fresher buildings surrounding it. When I checked in, I was told that my reservation was made for two nights, even though I had prepaid a one-night-only reservation via Choice.com. The front desk agent handling the check-in process was boderline abrassive as she told me that the information in the computer could not be changed and it was "up to (me)" to sort it out...even though I had confirmation from the website. In addition, the front desk agent became aggitated that my current address (and billing address) provided on the reservation did not match my out of state drivers identification. I explained to her that I had recently moved; however, she acted as though she legitimately questioned whether or not to let me check into my reservation.

Once in the room, I was disappointed with the room upkeep. As a former hotel inspector, I always check the rooms I am in. Wires stuck out of the walls, hair was noted on the hairdryer, the previous guest's soap was observed in the shower, and a beer can was found behind the couch. Overnight, neither my mother nor I slept very well in either of our beds. Her complaint was the mattress itself, while mine revolved around the pillows. In my former job, I stayed in a different hotel every night for 4 years... it takes a lot for me not to be able to sleep.

Overall, I would say that this room served a purpose, but given the choice, I would stay in one of New Braunfels' many other properties first.

It should be noted that the property was able to accommodate a special request to stay on the first floor even though a second floor room was booked, which was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank texagie02
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Clean and convient. Door key was tricky, but fixable when Ireported it. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank OldGuy1940
san angelo tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

this is not what i expect from comfort suites. room was old , bath room was not clean and in poor repair towell rack was held up with a piece of wire and chain. tub shower was dirty and in need of caulk. breakfast bar was very good. this was just a really old motel in need of repair. not a real comfort suites.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Stuck in North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We started our road trip without a lot of planning. We had to break our trip and decided that New Braunfels was about 1/2 way. We found this hotel to be exceptionally clean, fresh with nice perks such as free wi-fi and a nice buffet breakfast. The breakfast was advertised as a continental, but included eggs and bacon that the lady kept replenishing. There were also waffles and many more items to choose from. The bed was very comfortable and the towels were nicer than expected. We will look for this brand again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple