“Nice Stay”

Days Inn New Braunfels
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in New Braunfels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel the weekend after Labor Day 2013. The stay itself was ok, except for the fact that I came home with 100+ bed bug bites all over my body! This is not an exaggeration, I was out of work for days because I had to sit on my hands and cover myself in ointment to prevent from scratching to the bone. I spoke to another reviewer on this website who complained about bed bugs (Sandra M. post from Sept. 4, 2013) who we realized stayed in THE SAME ROOM I was in, only ONE WEEK before me, where she saw the bed bugs, and complained about them to the staff, who warned her to check her clothes because bed bugs are a severe problem. Clearly, when warned about bed bugs (and acknowledging how terrible they can be) , they did nothing to fix it and I had a severe allergic reaction because of their carelessness. After my 5 doctor visits for my allergic reaction to the bites and 4 prescriptions, I asked the manager to reimburse me for my medical costs, which seems perfectly reasonable to me. The manager (Marissa H.) was not only incredibly rude to me, but implied that I was lying, and then ignored my calls. She told me that she was not aware of the problem the week before when Sandra M. reported them, (which certainly sounds like an admission that they did nothing about it, doesn't it?). I had two subsequent reactions from these bites, and it didn't finally clear up until 2.5 months later. Now my arms, hands and legs are covered in scars from all of these bites that this hotel refused to take responsibility for.
If they didn't take care of the bed bugs when initially warned, there's no guarantee that they will take care of it in the future. STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK, but there are plenty of cheap hotels in New Braunfels, there is no need to stay at this one.
Please feel free to contact me (where it says "Ask Katie B about Days Inn New Braunfels" below this post) if you have any questions. I would be happy to provide more details to save you from the hell I was put through.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Katie B
Mexico
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My stay was very good the room was very clean and service at the front deskon was excellent every day on my stay, at the time of check out were very friendly, nothing to do with my other experience, the only thing I did not like is that I did got any shampoo and soap for two days that I was there. It was ok

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Marisa H, General Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for this review and thank you for choosing to Stay with us at our Days Inn I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with quality service and comfort please except our apologies it is frustrating when housekeeping forgets to provide guest with complimentary guest supplies We have addressed the issue and hope your next stay with us will run smoother once again I offer my apologies.
Paris, France
Reviewed November 26, 2013

At F1 season seems to me they were not ready to receive us, if they cleaned your room was done poorly and the breakfast was less than average. If you book with days in advance, the hotel should get ready on advance with supplies and clerks to support your confirmed guests on the basics.

The matresses are old and unconfortable.

Good, the coffe maker, it does not have a pot becuase you use disposable coffe cups, good idea!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
marisa h, General Manager at Days Inn New Braunfels, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Guest ,Thank you for your recent stay.We appreciate your feedback. your concerns are certainly important to us.We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your review will help us strive to make our hotel a pleasant one for your next visit,
Sincerely.