“Very enjoyable!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark

Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: Our family-owned, family-friendly park offers FREE parking, FREE tubes, FREE lifejackets, and allows you to bring your own picnic (no glass or alcohol please). Schlitterbahn Waterpark Resort in New Braunfels has over 3 miles of tubing adventures, 7 children’s water playgrounds,17 water slides, the world’s first surfing machine, and 3 uphill water coasters spread over 65 acres of fun!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We loved Schlitterbahn. We stayed from 10am until 4pm and only left due to dinner engagements. We did have to wait quite a while for the large waterslides (about an hour), so I would plan accordingly and go to that park first before returning to the main park. The river running through the park added a unique element, and the river rides were probably my favorite. I hope to return again!

Visited June 2013
SchlitterbahnNB, Guest Relations Manager at Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a fun filled day with us this past June. We hope to see you for summer 2014!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“We keep going back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This will be our 3rd year to go to the schlitterbahn. Our family loves it! We seem to stay an extra day each year we go. This last trip being our favorite because our 5 year old was tall enough to ride most of the rides.

The park is divided into 2 parks about a block or two away from each other. We typically do one park in the am. Go to lunch and then the other in the afternoon. They provide open air buses free to drive you back and forth to the parks.

I would definitely recommend water shoes for EVERYONE. Well fitting ones at that or you will lose them. We had them for our daughter but the ground is so hot in Texas I was ready to cry trying to walk. It stinks having to hold them on some slides that don't allow shoes but your feet will thank you! (I broke my flip flops in the water)

This park is awesome though. Don't expect the cleanest, prettiest place. It is older. But there is so much to do. We waited to ride the 2 biggest rides until after 5 pm and the lines were much much much shorter. I think at peak times they can be hours long. We didn't even try then. We had tons of fun riding the body slides and other stuff all over the park that had little to no lines. There are at least 5 kids areas that we stopped at in between things just to keep it interesting for a 5 year old out in the heat.

We left for lunch because we are not impressed by the food or prices. A lot of people bring in coolers though. We stayed at the resort the first year and while it was extremely convenient (we had older grandparents with us) to go back to the room anytime, it was VERY expensive and not that nice. This last time we stayed in a nearby hotel for a third of the price and were able to stay longer. I would recommend this route. The city isn't so big that it's a hassle.

All in all this is a great place for our water loving family. I'm not huge on repeat vacations, but I'm always excited to come here.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nightshifter
Thank you so much for your review! We are very pleased to hear that you've enjoyed your summer's with us over the years! We hope to see you again for summer 2014!
texas
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Best Waterpark period”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

This park is unique since is initially began as a completely natural attraction utilizing the area's beautiful rivers. I have been visiting this park for over 30 years and have watched it grow and blossom into an amazing water experience. My favorite activities involve tubing on the various river ways and enjoying the fresh, cool water. The Comal River is about 72 degrees year round which sound rather cool until you realize that summers in this part of Texas can reach highs over 100 degrees. There are numerous water slides and play activities for all ages from 6 months to over 60. I, myself, am 65, and I still enjoy these water activities, however, I spend more and more time the wave pools and the giant hot tub with swim -up bar every year.

Visited August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are very pleased to here that you had a great time with us this summer. We hope to see you again for summer 2014.
Austin, TX
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The King of American Waterparks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is what most waterparks aspire to be. Not only is it the largest water park I have ever been to (Be prepared to walk A LOT!) it has so much variety and so many amazing water rides. Unless you get there on a slow day (good luck!) do not delude yourself into thinking that you will be able to go on all of the rides. You shouldn't even try. Take your time and enjoy the Lazy River, the wave pool, the giant hot tub and the many circular rivers between thrills such as the Master Blaster and shooting the surf on a boogie board. Be sure to remember where you parked your car. There are three waterparks in the complex. You will need to ride a bus to get from one to the other and if you had as much fun as we did, you will get completely turned around and forget where you are and where you were. Be sure to take sun screen and water shoes. A waterproof container for your camera and money is also a good idea. I love the fact that you are allowed to bring your own food. It saves both time and money. The most popular attractions can have extremely long lines at times. Try to get those in at the beginning and end of the day and don't feel bad if you can't get to all of them. If you try, you will be spending way too much time in line. All the rides are fun, so if you miss a few, just plan on going back another time. Trust me, you will want to IF you take it easy and just go with the flow.

Visited September 2013
SchlitterbahnNB, Guest Relations Manager at Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are very pleased to hear that you had a great time while visiting us this summer and you are correct, if you just sit back and go with the flow you will have an amazing time! That's what is all about after all! See you summer 2014.
Lufkin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Schlitterbahn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have been to other Schlitterbahn parks, but our experiences with New Braunfels makes it the best suited Schlitterbahn for our family. There is a "river" flowing around ponds with rides for the mallee kids. While the little guys were in the ponds, the older guys went into the river, of course there are other attractions the older kids go to, but I could stay all day in the small river. We try to rent a cabana (not cheap) each time we go to give us a home base, right next to our favorite river.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bubba_Smith1954
SchlitterbahnNB, Guest Relations Manager at Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a great time with us this summer. We'll hopefully see you in 2014!